Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m building a 426 for my 2013 srt8 Challie. Arrington, MMX or HHP. I want to do it right the first time. Cry once type mentality. Who is the best? Customer service and parts.

Mahle pistons, diamond pistons , Weisico pistons? Which crank? Ross, Manley, Callies ?

·
Registered
2012 RT - 426 - 630HP/606TQ
17 Posts
I’m building a 426 for my 2013 srt8 Challie. Arrington, MMX or HHP. I want to do it right the first time. Cry once type mentality. Who is the best? Customer service and parts.

Mahle pistons, diamond pistons , Weisico pistons? Which crank? Ross, Manley, Callies ?
What is your end goal with build ? I this a daily driver that gets drag raced now and then - maybe a track car ? It's important to know up front so you get what you want.

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
447 Posts
Depending on your power goals, may want to throw in upgrades to the NAG1.
That price for the short block at Steve White Motors is a good deal.
Arrington is now in Michigan I believe. Not in Virginia. Have not heard about many build since the move.
MMX or HHP are great shops. MMX building their own and you can't go wrong with Dave Weber's experience and advice.

·
Vendor
13,404 Posts
Depending on your power goals, may want to throw in upgrades to the NAG1.
That price for the short block at Steve White Motors is a good deal.
Arrington is now in Michigan I believe. Not in Virginia. Have not heard about many build since the move.
MMX or HHP are great shops. MMX building their own and you can't go wrong with Dave Weber's experience and advice.
Arrington failed and the name and website was purchased by another entity,

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,393 Posts
Arrington failed and the name and website was purchased by another entity,
They use the Shop Hemi... shopHEMI.com They are in Michigan now, actually very close to me.. But they are really pricey!! You guys offer much better pricing. And yes Arrington sold to Diversified Creations (Mike Copeland)

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Arrington sucks. A friend had a motor built by them ( old place ) ripped him off said they ported the heads valve springs etc. motor popped a ring land. We pulled the heads to find stock heads. Stock springs valves etc.

They worked a deal to fix it. Sent the car to them again before they closed. Then he decided to go with a whipple instead of the Maggie he had, 9 inch g force rear end and 1 pc drive shaft. Oh wait did I mention the BUILT TRANSMISSION he had them build the first time melted down because they never built a BUILT TRANSMISSION for him....

So he sends it to the new Arrington. 28 grand later new trans new blower new rear end and he gets the car home tune is off and the 8 grand rear end blows fluid out the vent. I warned him but he wanted to use them because they was in Michigan and close to Iowa

STAY AWAY there communication is horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
The short block from Steve White seems like something I would be interested in but I don't understand something. The description is
BGE New 426 6.4L
So is a 426 or a 392?

·
Vendor
13,404 Posts
The short block from Steve White seems like something I would be interested in but I don't understand something. The description is
BGE New 426 6.4L
So is a 426 or a 392?
the engine block starts life as a 6.4L BGE block, also called big gas engine ( typically found in the Ram 2500 to 5500)

the Hellcat block and BGE blocks are technically the same block, both feature larger cooling passages, additional webbing for strength, higher nickel content material etc, the differences one is honed with a deck plate the other is not, and the color they are painted

so we start with a brand new block, new stroker crank, high performance racing rods and piston combination, balanced and blue printed, the components are tumbled to relieved stress, lower end studs,etc,
these are designed for boost and capable of 1000whps

does not include camshaft, oil pump, or rear main seal

ps the block is also honed with a deck plate, as well as all measurements are verified

and no core value,

a recommended build list, depending on desired hps

starting with a typical Scat Pack

our 392 or 426 fully forged short block, Hellcat standard cam(probably the best supercharger cam available)
your stock head swapped from one to the other
TVS2300 from Magnuson, our fuel pump system, ARP head studs, Cometic head gaskets, Kooks long tubes and green catted high flow cats, ATI 17% overdriven lower damper

approx 670/680 wheel horsepower wholotta fun car to drive

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

our 392 or 426 fully forged short block, Hellcat standard cam(probably the best supercharger cam available)
TVS2300 from Magnuson, our fuel pump system, ARP head studs, Cometic head gaskets, Kooks long tubes and green catted high flow cats, ATI 17% overdriven lower damper

My engine builder said the boosted 426 builds are burning out the cats in regular fashion. Are you guys seeing anything like that? I decided to go catless and have the shop prep for emissions every couple of years to pass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is your end goal with build ? I this a daily driver that gets drag raced now and then - maybe a track car ? It's important to know up front so you get what you want.
daily driver. Not really going to drag it. Just have fun driving it.

the engine block starts life as a 6.4L BGE block, also called big gas engine ( typically found in the Ram 2500 to 5500)

the Hellcat block and BGE blocks are technically the same block, both feature larger cooling passages, additional webbing for strength, higher nickel content material etc, the differences one is honed with a deck plate the other is not, and the color they are painted

so we start with a brand new block, new stroker crank, high performance racing rods and piston combination, balanced and blue printed, the components are tumbled to relieved stress, lower end studs,etc,
these are designed for boost and capable of 1000whps

does not include camshaft, oil pump, or rear main seal

ps the block is also honed with a deck plate, as well as all measurements are verified

and no core value,

Is there a core charge for the short lock 426?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts