Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,300 Posts
It's got a Scat hood looks like...

A Guy

·
Registered
883 Posts
Could just be me but the hood looks a little higher than our current hood. Although I'm not a fan of these old HC hoods (love the new one), just maybe its higher so they can put 426 HEMI on the side of it. Come on Dodge do the right thing. Here's hoping for something special on Tuesday. Can't imagine they would go to SEMA with a basic car it has to be something (50th anniversary edition?). Hope I can get a shaker on whatever it is. Let this be RS' last hurrah on being right AGAIN.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,664 Posts
I'm not going to get my hopes up for a 426 but, my hopes are up, or something is?

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
At least it has hood pins. :)

Sure, they may introduce something at SEMA for the show, but I no longer have hope for a 426.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,664 Posts
Could be 426 'cuda. I see massive lots filled with used Challengers in the future.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Don't get too excited for a production car. Yes I'm interested in this news too. But remember, this is the SEMA show. It's for parts, accessories, crate engines, etc. Not something you can order from the assembly line if that's what you're thinking.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Could be 426 'cuda. I see massive lots filled with used Challengers in the future. View attachment 980767
Funny US as I might just want to see that but to me the tarp seemed to have a crease or fold right in the middle of the grill like a 70 CUDA. If only. I would jump on that in a second even if they don't have B5 or PCP next year. I know SEMA wouldn't be the spot but clearly it will be something and maybe it will hint for things to come. I'm still in that something big has to be coming in the 50th year camp. Although if they wait too long there are other exciting things in the auto world next year so why would they jeopardize sales if they knew they were going to do something.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,300 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,300 Posts
Press conference is scheduled for 4:26 pm. Maybe a reason for that...
Quote from the SEMA story from 1st post

Again, the 2019 SEMA Show starts on Tuesday, November 5th and Mopar has a press conference scheduled for 4:26pm Vegas time, as they do every single year.
A Guy ;)

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,664 Posts
A Guy, For about 30 seconds I was so up, and in < 5 seconds you brought me so down lol.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Maybe like Ford a special turbo four banger to beat the Mustang or a electric powered car to blow the doors off a Telsa. Wake me up tomorrow at 4:26

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
A Guy, For about 30 seconds I was so up, and in < 5 seconds you brought me so down lol.
Ha Ha I felt the same way, he got me too.

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
811 Posts
Yep, looks like same hood/hood pins, color, good guess. STILL might be a 426 non street engine.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts