Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'll guess a N/A 426.
I don't hear any blower whine or turbo's spooling when revving, nor do I hear blow off valves dumping boost when he lets out of the throttle.

Total guess on the 426 cid displacement. I will just keep wishing for a 426.:D
Powered by a supercharged 354 (not 345...thanks A Guy). Wow, I was way off on that one.
I watched/listened to the video in the sister thread a few times and I still don't hear any blower whine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,603 Posts
354 not 345 :) Shout out to the original 354 Hemi I'm sure...same as the 2015...which made over 1200 HP ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
886 Posts
I knew it wouldn't be a 426 production car. But even I expected a little more than that.
Until Sept 2020 I will hold out hope. Again no way FCA won't do something for the 50th. Even if it's just a one color only (HEMI Orange) special edition they need to do something. In RS I trust.

·
Super Moderator
13,471 Posts
354 not 345 :) Shout out to the original 354 Hemi I'm sure...same as the 2015...which made over 1200 HP ;)
A Guy
I haven't seen any horsepower or ET numbers, but Dodge has stated that this will be the fastest Challenger ever. The Drag Pak comes with a parachute. The National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) requires chutes to be fitted if the cars are capable of doing passes faster than 149.75 mph.or 7.5 seconds to be able to compete legally.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,523 Posts
While the new drag Pak is great, especially for the 50 people that will be able to buy one, I'm still hoping for something for the 50th anniversary that is affordable to the masses. Come on Mopar many of us are looking for some kind of an excuse to upgrade. (y):cool:

41 - 47 of 47 Posts