Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a few searches on the 426 but didnt find what I am looking for- First, for those who have done it, did you build it out of your 392, or buy a crate from Dodge? N/A or FI? For the N/A folks, how bad did your gas mileage go? Daily driver or relegated to weekend duty? I know it will lose mpg just trying to see if I can still daily it if I so choose. Thank you.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
Don't know what MPG has to do with daily driving it. As long as it has good street manners who cares if it gets 40 mpg or 4 mpg? Depending on where you are located, I'd call OST Dyno and schedule it for next year and just get it done.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wondering what to expect. I am 60 miles from vegas so travel on weekends there. I get maybe 23 on hwy so hoping at least 15 would ve good. Otherwise can run out on way there!! No gas stations in between

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I did an N/A 426 stroker. Actual cubes turned out being closer to 440 but still call it my 426 :LOL:. Easily still can get 21 mpg with the A8 on road trips. Currently in the process of building another one with less compression and F1a Procharger.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh dude how much hp did you get out of it?

My car with LTs and exhaust/tune is nice but want more. My shop offer a package using my 392 block for 15k

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Oh dude how much hp did you get out of it?
Was kind of underwhelmed with just under 600 crank on a Mustang dyno. It’s a torque monster but falls on it’s face by the end of a quarter mile. That’s why I’m going Procharged this time. For the money, not all that much better than the 392 IMO. It’s all forged and balanced with thin ring pistons, built OE heads, hogged out OE intake, big custom grind Comp cam, 160 deg. t’stat, 13:1 compression, high stall torque converter and catless with Kooks long tubes. We’re pretty sure the stock intake is our biggest choke point for performance. The new stroker build will have 9.5:1 compression, choppy cam, CNC Hellcat heads, Demon Performance water cooled intake and the F1a Procharger. We’re shooting for 800 wheel on the new build.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a 98 formula 408 stroker that is my dedicated track car. I really dont want another track only. Just want more than the 392 in stock form provides. I am selling my daily driver 2019 mustang ecoboost to a coworker and plan to use the Challenger as a daily for my 80 mile round trip each day. Bought the car might as well use it!

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I do have a 98 formula 408 stroker that is my dedicated track car. I really dont want another track only. Just want more than the 392 in stock form provides. I am selling my daily driver 2019 mustang ecoboost to a coworker and plan to use the Challenger as a daily for my 80 mile round trip each day. Bought the car might as well use it!
You’ll find the N/A 426 stroker has pretty good street manners. I couldn’t believe this personalized plate was still available for me to grab too o_O

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts