Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click the link below and watch the video at the top of the feed. Note the 426 Hemi callout on the side of the car... Dodge is dropping hints. First the Drag Pak then production I'm guessing.
https://twitter.com/Dodge

·
Registered
48 Posts
looks like more than a hint...today the date is 4/26...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did it sound like it had a bit of a whyn to it? I hope its naturally aspirated and not forced.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what you guys are finding "new" in this video? That's a Hellcat and a drag pack....the 426 drag pack has been around for several years now. Is there something I'm missing?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying to figure out what you guys are finding "new" in this video? That's a Hellcat and a drag pack....the 426 drag pack has been around for several years now. Is there something I'm missing?
It's not that they put a new model in there, it's the fact that they took the time to produce something solely about the 426 Hemi. This all coming after information on the 2020 426 Hemi powered 50th Anniversary Challenger has been trickling out.

·
Registered
694 Posts
if they were smart, they'd make the 426 the engine of the srt. with sp like mine running 392's. they need to make a gap bigger than better handling& brakes to give the srt sales a boost.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
if they were smart, they'd make the 426 the engine of the srt. with sp like mine running 392's. they need to make a gap bigger than better handling& brakes to give the srt sales a boost.
This has been discussed ad nauseam.

SRT 392 is dead in the water, the SRT trim is for the Halo cars. Making things exclusive for the sake of exclusivity doesn't work for brands like Dodge.

·
Registered
216 Posts
This has been discussed ad nauseam.

SRT 392 is dead in the water, the SRT trim is for the Halo cars. Making things exclusive for the sake of exclusivity doesn't work for brands like Dodge.
Especially when they water down the unique styling ques of the SRT brand to the lesser models.

Counting the days for the order ban ks to open!

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Especially when they water down the unique styling ques of the SRT brand to the lesser models.

Counting the days for the order ban ks to open!
You mean the unique cues that literally anyone can buy?

You're gonna need a bigger bank account to satisfy that "uniqueness" fetish if that's what you're worried about.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Demons look unique. Oh wait, there's is going to be a Scat Pack wide body for 2019...

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Demons look unique. Oh wait, there's is going to be a Scat Pack wide body for 2019...
Like I said, you need a bigger bank account if you want to look unique.

Some people just can't get their rocks off by being the only production car capable of pulling off a wheelie, they HAVE look special too.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Some people just can't get their rocks off by being the only production car capable of pulling off a wheelie, they HAVE look special too.
I was surprised to see on the Petty Garage website that there was already a Demon there getting modified. Then I read it was Richard Petty's car! https://www.pettys-garage.com/vehicles/48/2018-dodge-demon

·
Registered
216 Posts

That wasn't really the point. The general lament/confusion is that the way Dodge uses the SRT branding.

Regardless, give me my hemi orange shaker 426 6M, and I'll be happy.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts