Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I posted on here, and I haven't done a lot to the car in the way of new modifications.
However I recently completed a business trip to Dallas & back, a 156 miles each way.
This is the furthest I have driven the car since the engine swap a few years back.
Due to the lack of E85 on the way, I retuned to run on 93.
I was pleasantly surprised that the car averaged 19 miles to the gallon both ways (all highway) at speeds ranging from 80-90 mph using cruise control. Ambient temps were 99-102*, so the AC was on high for the duration of the trip and ECTs hovered around 200*.
I was honestly expecting a 15 on the highway as I only get ~11 city.
With the high cost of fuel currently I'll take it.
One benefit of keeping the smaller 5.7 and adding a forced induction would have been better fuel mileage. If I had to do all over again I might go that way... but the cam chop at idle does get a lot of thumbs up from fellow car enthusiast.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I love my new 426. Blower cam and lower compression ratio- waiting on the supercharger. But drove back 2 weeks ago from Phoenix and got decent comparable mileage. made 500.4 to the wheels and 530 tq.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love my new 426. Blower cam and lower compression ratio- waiting on the supercharger. But drove back 2 weeks ago from Phoenix and got decent comparable mileage. made 500.4 to the wheels and 530 tq.
Nice 👍 I had to switch to E85 to hit the 500 hp mark. With 93 it only makes 485 to the tires.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Evem with a big cam? Might be my intake giving rhe extra aor. I posted up my graphs and pics of build recently and not too computer savvy to repost here on my smartphone. Figured with a bigger cam you would have made considerably more

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's mostly torque, 550 ft lbs. The cam isn't super choppy, with a manual trans and street driving that can be irritating.
I'm running a ported 6.1 intake with 85mm tb.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, you have the 6.4 based 426.
I'm guessing the power bump you saw was also due to the better designed apache heads (mine has the eagle heads and is based on a 6.1)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts