Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Arrington 426 - House Special - holds its own!!!

Recently in Atco NJ, Dan <aka FlyByU> and his Charger had an unexpected encounter with 14 plus AFR on NOS with his very own Arrington 426 Standard (with no billet main), aka 'the Arrington House Special.' We assume that testing the limits was his mission!:)

"Proof" -->

Dan’s Arrington 426 hit his fastest time of 9.90 at 137 mph along with dyno numbers reaching excess of 900rwhp on a 400 direct shot of Nitrous! The usual recommendation for the Standard Arrington 426 (with no billet main) is capable of no more than 14lbs of boost and 150 shot of Nitrous..... Extraordinarily, even the crank on this Arrington Engine 'still' looks brand new after over two years of usage and an encounter.
Many have questioned, 'what do you get when you buy Arrington?' Well, this engine is a true testament to Arrington's R&D efforts to deliver the best products that will survive under extreme racing environments.
Arrington also cannot be beat with their turnaround capabilities.
Arriving here yesterday, this engine will ship back to Dan by the End of the WEEK ready to go again!
It seems to us that Dan is ready for an upgrade! What do you think?

Here is what we found as the beginning of the tear down started....

Cleaning of the block..

An important step is checking for cracks in the block after wash.
If cracks are found in the block, it can lead to failure.

As AJ shows us -- 'New parts are coming soon.....'

Stay Tuned for more!

·
Registered
497 Posts
You know I got no complaints :)

So he popped a piston but the mains held up? Thanks for sharing.

HemiSam
Really what the pictures are showing more than anything is how well the block is holding up to 2 years worth of 300 shots of nitrous :)

Cant blame the failure of the pistons on anyone but me, messed up the new 400 shot and had an AFR of 15 to 1. Nothing is going to survive that when you are running that much spray.

So all that aside, the internals look mint, its amazing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really what the pictures are showing more than anything is how well the block is holding up to 2 years worth of 300 shots of nitrous :)

Cant blame the failure of the pistons on anyone but me, messed up the new 400 shot and had an AFR of 15 to 1. Nothing is going to survive that when you are running that much spray.

Amazing indeed Dan!
See you at VMP :)

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
That is a quick turn around nice work!!

·
Banned
4,698 Posts

thanks, Dan. those Mahles are the supa' shizzle! I've been thinking about the billet mains and that's where I was headed with my question.

HemiSam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts