Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim,

I have been poking around on your site, but cannot find any updated information on the 426 package. My question is what is the maximum, reliable, streetable power that the 426 stroker can make, naturally aspirated?

S/C'ers are fine and good, but with a car that already weighs 4100+ lbs, and has ~54% of the weight over the front wheels, I would be hesitant to add the increased weight of a intercooed SC'er. Thanks in advance.

Basically I am trying to decide between a 09-10 SRT8 Chally, or the LSA Equipped Z28 (why in the heck did they have to release two of my all time favorite cars so close to each other :mofo:)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I apologize If I havent responded to this thread. I think I answered you back in a different one. Please remind me if so, If you still need a responce to this I will be happy to reply.

Tim C

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hey sorry about that,

Our 426 Strokers with our PPP Stage II Heads and cam + other supporting mods) make between 480-510whp on average, running pump gas and can be daily driven. We have many low 11 sec customers in 300's and Chargers running these packages and they feel confident to pick up clients and go to lunch. If you are looking for a a straight race engine, we could provide that as well.

In comparrison to the LS series of engines that are used in the G8 and will be used in the new upcoming Camaro, Our Stage 2 Heads outflow the ported GM heads. (We know this because we port both brands of heads) Where the GM heads have an advantage is with valve train options. You can more easliy upgrade the rocker arms as where the HEMI doesnt really have an option yet. What this means is that the HEMI will make more power up to 6700rpm, but a BUILT LSx engine can spin faster- say 7500rpm.

Also the HEMI has a cool looking, taller intake manifold.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks for the info man! Not looking for a race engine, I am deciding between a Challenger ( hopped up of course) and the Z28, which is supposed to have the LSA, and reports I have heard have it running ~520 RWHP stock, and 600+ with tune, headers, intake and pulley. this car (whichever it may be)will be my toy, and a reward for going back to school at 36 and finally finishing my degree (anyone looking for Network Admins in the central illinois/st.louis area? :) ) so I am in essence looking for the baddest, streetable car I can afford.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would love if GM released a Camaro with 520 WHP. Our latest inside scoop is that the Top of the Line Camaro will come out in 2011 and have the CTS-V's version of the 6.2L supercharged V8. That version makes 550 BHP which would convert to about 450WHP. (Give or take 10hp)

With ever tightening EPA concerns and GM needing a profitable car many are speculating that it and many other sports cars will see a very drastic down-sizing of engines. For example, by 2012 the Mustang will have a small turbo 6cyl that makes 300bhp.

Not that the new Camaro wont get a high powered option, but it just may not be as high-powered as one hopes or it may only be an option for a few years.

The new Camaro will come is 3 versions. Base/LT with a V6(approx. 280-300bhp). SS with a V8(maybe the 6.2L LS3 with 350-420bhp ) and the Z28 which may have the 6.2L Supercharged V8 with 500-540bhp. I heard that they would not relese a Z28 with more power then the CTS-V's 550bhp.

The Camaro vs Challenger should be very equal. I would base the decesion on which you like the look of and if you want a Famous 426 HEMI .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts