Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon ladies and gentlemen, fellow Mopar lovers. So i already built her up, 21 scat pack challenger, M6, ported throttle body, Cam, catless long tubes into a Borla, intake. I know I’m working backwards here but I’ve been interested in a stroker kit because i wanna stay N/A but want some more power. Would me going after a stroker kit be a pain because im already running a different cam? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!!

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye
882 Posts
IMO if you stroke your current engine it may provide aprox 50 to 60 more horsepower, I don't think it's worth it unless you go wide open with a stroker project.
I would not do it to a late model in warranty vehicle BUT;
I have seen people take a new Hellcat and completely build it without putting a 100 miles on the car which in my opinion is ridiculous.

To each his own.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO if you stroke your current engine it may provide aprox 50 to 60 more horsepower, I don't think it's worth it unless you go wide open with a stroker project.
I would not do it to a late model in warranty vehicle BUT;
I have seen people take a new Hellcat and completely build it without putting a 100 miles on the car which in my opinion is ridiculous.

To each his own.
Thank you for your input, my vehicle is no longer in warranty as is so that wouldn’t be an issue for me, i was more concerned with how that affects the cam. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
590 Posts
A 6.4L Hemi stroked to a 426 will normally get you around 525 hp to the wheels depending on the Cam. With that said, we would need to know the specs on the Cam. You can expect around 35 hp gain from just the cubes alone. You would gain a lot more torque because of the stroke. But since you already have a Cam, not sure that the cost would be worth the gain. It would be advisable to get ported heads to go with the stroker kit to maximize hp gain so you are looking at a huge bill for modest gains. Again depending on the cam you currently have and current rwhp, the cam can be swapped over to the stroker..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
A 6.4L Hemi stroked to a 426 will normally get you around 525 hp to the wheels depending on the Cam. With that said, we would need to know the specs on the Cam. You can expect around 35 hp gain from just the cubes alone. You would gain a lot more torque because of the stroke. But since you already have a Cam, not sure that the cost would be worth the gain. It would be advisable to get ported heads to go with the stroker kit to maximize hp gain so you are looking at a huge bill for modest gains. Again depending on the cam you currently have and current rwhp, the cam can be swapped over to the stroker..
Thank you very much for your feedback, here is my cam.
Font Paper Number Event Document

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
590 Posts
That cam would work well in a 426 stroker IMO. Now to figure out the cost vs the gain.

Most 426 strokers I have seen that make around 525 rwhp, have everything you have installed already except the ported heads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That cam would work well in a 426 stroker IMO. Now to figure out the cost vs the gain.

Most 426 strokers I have seen that make around 525 rwhp, have everything you have installed already except the ported heads.
Is there a manufacturer that you’d recommend for a kit? Again thank you so much for all the info you have given me it’s much appreciated

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
590 Posts
If you are doing the work yourself, MMX (Modern Muscle Xtrreme) HHP (High Horsepower Performance) are two good shops that sell the kit. Look at the cost of machining (Depending on mileage) and stuff and compare prices of the forged short blocks that they sell. This time of the year they have short blocks that come ready to transfer cam and install for around $5K.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
My N/A 426 (closer to 440) stroker has a custom grind choppy cam, Frankenstein heads and 12.5:1 compression. Around 530 wheel on pump gas and Mustang dyno. Going to be tuning for E85 soon to see how that changes things.

Added the tie bars mainly due to the high engine compression...
Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive air manifold Automotive design

Have since changed out the stock intake manifold...
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye
882 Posts
Thank you for your input, my vehicle is no longer in warranty as is so that wouldn’t be an issue for me, i was more concerned with how that affects the cam. Thank you!
Just out of curiosity, how is it your 2021 SP is not under warranty? is it that you've already done work to your car that would void your warranty?

Thank you very much for your feedback, here is my cam. View attachment 1063244
This will make it easier to read or not🙂

VinnyT19 are you doing all the work?

Font Material property Paper Number Event

Mustang dyno.
MiHiHemi, nicely done. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: man that Bi'ach cuts up real nice(y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts