Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6.1 372 challenger and I'm looking into doing the 426 stroker kit. Then boosting it. Opinions? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
If you are in South West Florida, I would give ShopHemi a call. (Arrington) They are putting out some awesome 426 strokers with blowers. Fantastic install/short block prices also.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I'll be doing the same to my 2015 SRT but I'll be doing it in stages. I agree with VQ4NFO, call Arrington and ask for Wyatt. On 8/15 I'll be driving mine to Arrington (5 hour drive). They will be installing a Whipple 2.9L supercharger. We're keeping the boost low at 6psi. Then in about a year, they will be building a fully forged and stroked 426 and we will up the boost. I've been dealing with Wyatt and he's been a no BS straight shooter.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My 6.1 was beefed up before i got it...426 w/supercharger and other mods, most fun i had in my life, cant imagine having a stock srt8 not that there is anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My 6.1 was beefed up before i got it...426 w/supercharger and other mods, most fun i had in my life, cant imagine having a stock srt8 not that there is anything wrong with that.
Thats exactly what i was going to do with my rt but it just cost too much to swap the 5.7 vvt out. Im thinking of getting a magnum and putting a supercharged 426 in it unless dodge release those new supercharged trucks then ill be in line for that. Do you have the 426 badges on your car?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have a 6.1 372 challenger and I'm looking into doing the 426 stroker kit. Then boosting it. Opinions? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would pick a supercharged 426 over a hellcat. You have the perfect motor to stroke to 426 i would not hesitate

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
1,669 Posts
I raced a guy this past Saturday with a stroked 6.1 supercharged I believe and boy he walked me hard with a 10.6 quarter mile. Jesus that car was sic! Be prepared for some shit eatin grins is all Im saying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts