• F1-A-94

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a simple poll which Procharger would you select for a 426 6speed, 93 octane street driven Challenger? It's been many years since I've had the opportunity and budget to build a car but the car. I'm honestly leaning f1D but curious of anyones input running the F1A-94.

Thanks
Rob

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Just a simple poll which Procharger would you select for a 426 6speed, 93 octane street driven Challenger? It's been many years since I've had the opportunity and budget to build a car but the car. I'm honestly leaning f1D but curious of anyones input running the F1A-94.

Thanks
Rob
I voted the F-1A. The 94 version has bigger piping, but on the 426, the 3.75" can move enough air for any street build and it is larger than the throttle body you are going to want to use (our largest is 92mm). The F-1D will probably feed your 426 as much as it wants, but maybe not in all cases.

Here is a recent build

:grin2:
Those power numbers were on 93 octane. Your 6sp would probably be higher than this automatic.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim, great feedback. The only comparisons I've been able to make have been an article on Superchevy comparing a D1SC and a F1A-94 where it appears the D1 at 10.7psi performs equally to the F1A94 at 15.8psi until 5500rpms where power keeps climbing. I'm honestly worried running pump that I wouldn't be in the wheels efficiency range, limited boost / rpm etc and never even cross into the benefits of the wheel.

I would imagine the F1D will be close to peak rpm on a 426 from what I've read of guys maxing out the D1s, the F series having a little more room to spin?

Thanks again
Robert

·
Vendor
2010 SRT
151 Posts
Tim, great feedback. The only comparisons I've been able to make have been an article on Superchevy comparing a D1SC and a F1A-94 where it appears the D1 at 10.7psi performs equally to the F1A94 at 15.8psi until 5500rpms where power keeps climbing. I'm honestly worried running pump that I wouldn't be in the wheels efficiency range, limited boost / rpm etc and never even cross into the benefits of the wheel.

I would imagine the F1D will be close to peak rpm on a 426 from what I've read of guys maxing out the D1s, the F series having a little more room to spin?

Thanks again
Robert
If you look at the dyno graph from the link, you will see the max torque is at 4000rpm with the F1A. And I've never seen a D1 over 800 ft-lb of torque. We max out the D1 all the time -- you can see several examples on our web site.

Side-by-side MAP sensor readings @10.7 and @15.8 psi with the same power output on the same engine? Not a believer (haven't read the article, though). I suppose their could be a CAM limitation on that engine where it just works better at 11psi, too small of a displacement, tiny TB, or a purely awful tuning job, but nothing we've seen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if you're curious on the apples to oranges comparison here's the link:
1,267 HP from a F-1A-94 ProCharger!

I would rather take the real world advise from you guys, probably one of the few day-in and day-out Mopar tuners. Seems like all the shops in my area are Chevy experts, although I'm sure more than capable for many platforms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts