Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
There are several LX's with that setup. There is a black challenger with a 426 and a procharger that runs 10.5x. Not sure if it was a stage 2 kit or the race cog kit. Im pretty sure it was an F1 though. GSO knows more about him and can fill you in better.

·
Vendor
949 Posts
I've done a bunch of D1SC's on 426's this year. At 10 psi on 93 octane they typically put out just over 700rwhp on the automatics and just under 700rwhp on the 6-Speeds. The engine makes right around 850 base horsepower. Driveability is awesome (as long as you have an awesome running cam to begin with). The standard PC blow off valve is ideal up to 12psi and above 12psi we go with a race BOV that can handle the higher pressures. Part throttle boosting really isn't a major issue with the PC's in my experience and they drive beautifully. You can't go wrong with a package like this if you're looking for a safe, fun, good driver.

Joshua, HHP

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
There are several LX's with that setup. There is a black challenger with a 426 and a procharger that runs 10.5x. Not sure if it was a stage 2 kit or the race cog kit. Im pretty sure it was an F1 though. GSO knows more about him and can fill you in better.
are you referring to Ricks car? I believe that is an F1A

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've done a bunch of D1SC's on 426's this year. At 10 psi on 93 octane they typically put out just over 700rwhp on the automatics and just under 700rwhp on the 6-Speeds. The engine makes right around 850 base horsepower. Driveability is awesome (as long as you have an awesome running cam to begin with). The standard PC blow off valve is ideal up to 12psi and above 12psi we go with a race BOV that can handle the higher pressures. Part throttle boosting really isn't a major issue with the PC's in my experience and they drive beautifully. You can't go wrong with a package like this if you're looking for a safe, fun, good driver.

Joshua, HHP
You guys think an arrington 607 cam would be good with this setup?

·
Vendor
949 Posts
I don't know anything about Arrington's camshafts other than that I biasedly like mine better. hahaha

It's hard to compare since Arrington measures their camshafts off a different rocker ratio than everyone else so my 560 lift cam could actually be larger than their 607 lift cam for all I know. I do know that our cams from Bischoff are top knotch and have awesome distribution throughout their power curves. There's a lot of cams on the market that are made for too high of an rpm that you'll never hit or too low and you're too far out of the power band by the time you shift. Our cams typically are made to peak around 6200 to 6300 on most applications so that you never come out of the power band... this makes for a quicker quarter-mile car.

Joshua, HHP

·
Vendor
949 Posts
If it's an automatic we use our Stage 4 Supercharger camshaft and if it's a Manual trans we use our Stage 4R Supercharger camshaft. Same cam for the most part, we just advance the centerline on the manual transmission since you need more low end and typically shift earlier so we bring down the peaks a few hundred rpm. Driveability is awesome with our higher LSA based cams.

As far as spec's, we don't talk about spec's in public forums since our cams are custom one-off's and we've seen our stuff copied by other big name venders in the HEMI world already. Cams are way too easy to copy and we have to protect our secrets.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
The current horsepower champ at SHR is a 426 with a procharger and a huge cam. I don't know all the details. (That's not counting the Cult Challenger as I think it's actual output is a closely held secret ;) )

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not until recently you did not have an option for blocks. Mopar has recently released an aluminum block but it costs nearly 5g's. So unless you got deep pockets you will want to stick with the stock steel block. The weight savings is about 100 lbs.
Now you have to focus on what you want. A stroker or stock displacement with forged internals.
It all comes down to three things, application (street or strip); how fast/ much hp you want; and ultimately your budget.
If you got under $10k to play with you have to stick with a stock shortblock and bolt on a SC. If you got closer to $20k you can go the stroker with SC. Labor costs are additional.
So look at your budget, use and expectations.
If you are not sure, you can start with a good supercharger such as a Procharger stage 2 or a Kenne Bell and drive it as-is. If you find the need for more, both of those superchargers will support what you are looking to do.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Not until recently you did not have an option for blocks. Mopar has recently released an aluminum block but it costs nearly 5g's. So unless you got deep pockets you will want to stick with the stock steel block. The weight savings is about 100 lbs.
Now you have to focus on what you want. A stroker or stock displacement with forged internals.
It all comes down to three things, application (street or strip); how fast/ much hp you want; and ultimately your budget.
If you got under $10k to play with you have to stick with a stock shortblock and bolt on a SC. If you got closer to $20k you can go the stroker with SC. Labor costs are additional.
So look at your budget, use and expectations.
If you are not sure, you can start with a good supercharger such as a Procharger stage 2 or a Kenne Bell and drive it as-is. If you find the need for more, both of those superchargers will support what you are looking to do.
Thank you, ill just stick with the steel block and go with forged internals and lets say a 9:1 compression? I'm still looking at the cams i want, but i know i want the 426 stroker package and procharger stage 2, and to horseman i was looking at the cams you said the stage 4 and the nat aspirated or the forced induction cam be better for me with the procharger?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ricky Ellison? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's a F1A also.
Rick used a bolt on f1 a kit. The build was designed for for 8 lbs and was our standard 426 with a 607 cam. That combo netted mid 10's every time in summer heat. We turned it up to 14 lbs and went 9's at 137 blower only. This year the car gets a full update including better pistons, billet mains, and our custom grind blower camshaft to take the combo to the next level. Our support,warranty, and in house engine capabilities are tough to beat and we stock all the parts to get you engines in days not weeks. The procharger system is a winning combo for a high power budget minded dd for sure.
Thanks
AJ

·
Registered
528 Posts
Driveability is awesome (as long as you have an awesome running cam to begin with). The standard PC blow off valve is ideal up to 12psi and above 12psi we go with a race BOV that can handle the higher pressures. Part throttle boosting really isn't a major issue with the PC's in my experience and they drive beautifully. You can't go wrong with a package like this if you're looking for a safe, fun, good driver.

Joshua, HHP
I couldn't agree more. Although I don't have a 426, the Stage II kit on my stock 6.1 is amazing. Granted, I'm only running 6psi, but the driveability awesome. Under normal driving conditions, I don't even know I have a SC under the hood, it's that smooth. But, when I put my foot in it, "Katy, bar the doors!". I don't have a 1/4 mile track near me, but I do have the unresticted autobahn 5 minutes from my house, and what better way to run a SC then through all the gears at WOT without having to shut it down 11 seconds later :). I have a 6-speed so I don't like to do hole-shots, but at a 10mph roll, it takes off like a bat out of hell. I purchased a 4.00" pulley that I'm going to install next spring, which should net me ~8.00 to 8.5 psi.

Anyone considering a SC, should seriously consider a ProCharger.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts