Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
430 RBZ Software Update Non Nav

I have been searching for hours and have not been able to find an answer hopefully someone will be able to help.

I just picked up a 430 RBZ without navigation and will be installing it tomorrow. The unit was made December 16 2010. Can I upgrade the software to the new 50.00.07 or is that only for the 430N?

I don't know the current software version but my understanding is if it is in the 20.xx.xx upgrade it to the 30.xx.xx and then to 50.xx.xx.

I want to make sure I don't brick the head unit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Updating your RBZ

Just go to the website and follow the instructions to update. If your version is prior to 33.01.23, you will need to install it FIRST before installing 50.00.07. The ISO is a disk image to be installed onto a CD-ROM, whereas the ZIP files can be unzipped and put onto a USB drive and plugged directly into the front of the RBZ unit.

MyGIG RBZ-RB2-RHB / 33.01.23

iso

http://download723.mediafire.com/4rp9n2n7h4ng/gsfvfadznl3t4et/RHBRBZ33-01-23.iso

zip

http://download1869.mediafire.com/kcdkb1yhobug/kdcdhczmz9niong/RHBRBZ33.01.23.zip

RBZ RHB 50.00.07

zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?w27ylup7y47m20w

ISO
http://www.mediafire.com/?pffk73kweeofcqd

Other info links:
Download MyGig RBZ Software Update 50.00.07 or Disk-Recovery-Image

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f70/new-software-update-mygig-430n-rhb-rbz-50-00-07-a-342276/

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help I did the update in phases 33.xx.xx first then 50.xx.xx second and everything worked perfect. I made sure to keep my engine running during the update so the car would not automatically cut power. I also was able to transfer my sirius subscription without any transfer fees. I must say the stereo looks nice in the car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I notice that the upgrade image is from someone with a Jeep. Perhaps a dumb question, but the radio will still be Dodge branded and not Jeep after the update, right ?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine still has the dodge logo after the update. I do like the black layout better then the blue version that I saw for all of 5 minutes :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a CD, I read on some other sites that people were having issues installing the update using DVD's.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you got it working. I am till trying to get used to a new stereo format, never had a touch screen in any of my cars before. My 68 Firebird has a cassette deck with turn knobs lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Fast RS,

I got it all to work. USB transfer was way easier than CD-Rom, and less wasteful.
I bounced from version 20 -> 33 -> 50. I have read if you go from 20 -> 50, you risk bricking your radio.

I think any radio from an '11 back is going to be version 20 or lower. (Mine came out of a '11 Charger SRT.)

Next step is to get my system flashed so it will recognize my Uconnect. The dealer is also going to put in the code for the backup camera for me, so I can get that mod knocked out as well.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Phenix,
For some reason the 33 links don't work.
Also, did the software change make the head unit work any differently or is it mostly for the new graphics?

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
For the .ZIP file, I am assuming you extracted the files to an empty flash drive. My question is which usb did you use for the update - the one in the arm rest or the one on the radio itself?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Immortal, you use the USB on the Radio.

RTS001, For background images, load them onto your HDD via USB, then you can select it in options for screen view. It will sow in the area that gives song info to the right.

The system will not let you directly change what image shows up on engine start. If you want to change that, you could try and change the Dodge image in the system files you upload on the USB during a system load. I am Not exactly sure what size/format you would have to use, I would enlist the assistance of a computer savvy friend if you wanted to try this.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Links updated

All system upgrade links are now updated to direct links vice going to the Jeep forum first.

Remember NOT to go from a version earlier than 33 directly to 50... You MUST load the 33 first or risk bricking your radio!!!

Phenix,
For some reason the 33 links don't work.
Also, did the software change make the head unit work any differently or is it mostly for the new graphics?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Immortal, you use the USB on the Radio.

RTS001, For background images, load them onto your HDD via USB, then you can select it in options for screen view. It will sow in the area that gives song info to the right.

The system will not let you directly change what image shows up on engine start. If you want to change that, you could try and change the Dodge image in the system files you upload on the USB during a system load. I am Not exactly sure what size/format you would have to use, I would enlist the assistance of a computer savvy friend if you wanted to try this.
I'll give it a shot, I am pretty computer savvy. If I figure it out I'll post the steps.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts