Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HemiSam breaks a personal best run into 11's @ Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy, TX
4300lbs, Six-speed Challenger
Arrington / shopHEMI.com forged and stroked block
Maggie for lungs
A.J. hemituner tune to make it all good.

to the Video @ Lonestar

Also, you can find out more information about the his record breaking run at the standing mile in Texas, here

Congrats Sam!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Arrington question for you? A built stroked engine on 15psi making over 580rwhp with race fuel is that really a big achievement to stand up and Shout? Consider Too Fart a stock engine RT with a can Tune Up making less than 470rwhp barley 6 psi ran 12.20 at 118mph. Both have the same Supercharger except TF installed his in the garage, Now that is something of a accomplishment in my book.

·
Banned
804 Posts
Arrington question for you? A built stroked engine on 15psi making over 580rwhp with race fuel is that really a big achievement to stand up and Shout? Consider Too Fart a stock engine RT with a can Tune Up making less than 470rwhp barley 6 psi ran 12.20 at 118mph. Now that is something of a accomplishment in my book.
Ya know what would be a really huge accomplishment? If you shut your trap,got in a six speed and made better than a 13 second pass.....dude this crap is getting old. Go play with your Ford instead of crapping every Arrington thread you come across. WTF is wrong with you?

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Hey Jack Off I ran 11.40's in 1989 with a 5 speed so wtf? The facts are facts you don't like them sounds like a personal problem!!

·
Banned
804 Posts
Hey Jack Off I ran 11.40's in 2000 with a 5 speed so wtf? The facts are facts you don't like them sounds like a personal problem!!
I don't care what you ran....you haven't run a 6 speed Challenger...oh wait, excuse me Mr.Expert...you haven't run any Challenger, including your own...you have no grounds to comment....they aren't Mustangs....sounds to me like you have the personal problem....I haven't heard you give a hard time to the rest of the 6 speed owners regardless how slow they run....only the Arrington cars. Give it a rest. Oh.....11.40's in 2000? There's something to brag about. Whoopdie doo.....we were running faster than that in the 80's on the street and the track. What have you run in your CHALLENGER?

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I am sorry it was in 1989 I ran the 11.40 with the 5 speed. I was laughing to hard at your expense and I had a typo. Congrats to Arrington and all involved on the 11 second pass !! Maybe I need to go Dyno at Arrington hell I might make 900rwhp!!

·
Banned
804 Posts
I am sorry it was in 1989 I ran the 11.40 with the 5 speed. I was laughing to hard at your expense and I had a typo. Congrats to Arrington and all involved on the 11 second pass !! Maybe I need to go Dyno at Arrington hell I might make 900rwhp!!
Wow....you are so f*cking clueless it's not funny.

Sorry Sam.....maybe Buckwheat will build a 6 speed Challenger and show us all how it's done.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Seriously? WTH BW? What is your deal and our dyno and or customers? I suggest you go run your mouth elsewhere and get back to us when you get done in Cali..... if you make it there. You have already been called out and we have several other cars out there running that Will be more than happy to take you up on an Invitation. We apologize that Sam Has a simple street car and is not a weekend warrior at the strip like you are. The right driver and a set of tires and that car would more than likely give you a good run for your money.
Oh and I am sorry we put a thread up about someone's accomplishment other than yours.... Here I will start it now.

BW finally hits 10,000,000,000 key strokes. A new PB!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ya know what would be a really huge accomplishment? If you shut your trap,got in a six speed and made better than a 13 second pass.....dude this crap is getting old. Go play with your Ford instead of crapping every Arrington thread you come across. WTF is wrong with you?
X2! Bring your ride to martinsville so you can get your feelings hurt. Better yet....why did`nt you show up at ATCO where Arrington took 1,2,and 3rd in the stroker class and 1st in the unlimited class?

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I never knew I was required to appease this forum? The question remains the same. To Fart has done almost the same with a Stock RT with 6psi. But since you ask I have a arena that my task and skins count against the very best. I didn't realize this Challenger time slip stuff is a trophy or some type of proof of my knowledge, ability to build or drive a street car? Don any day you want to show up on my TURF in a real race car!!!!! I will send you back to reality real quick! Go back to your Turf the Internet sales room.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No need to get into a heated battle of words and slander here. Everyone is credited for the hard work they accomplish, whether it be a street car or race car. Everyone has their preferences and that's what makes us an Automotive and competitive family. Here at Arrington, we're proud of our customers just as any one else would / should be of theirs. Congratulations to all of our customers, it is not meant to slap someone in the face, but a pat on the back for ANYONE AND EVERYONE who has a competitive car, NO MATTER HOW FAST IT GOES.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
WOW, awsome Sam. Cant wait till My beast is done so I can hit the 9's. lol
if buckwheats mustang drags it down the track it might see 9's

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Nice to see one of the Hat Trick Cars runnig at the track good job sammy boy, go give speedy some lessons now

·
Registered
736 Posts
Wow, this has gone far. I see points from everyone. Knowing how the 6sp Challengers behave, I thinks Sam is doing a great job, and will even get better. IN the BIG picture, I understand BW too. Given a motor, and huge boost, to an outsider that has no clue about the issues with a Challenger 6spd, it does not look pretty.

However, there is no reason to get on anyone about this cause we know the 6spds are having issues, and Sam is one of the top people in assisting to identify them. Most of us are new to racing also including myself, Sam, and Jay for example. I think we need to cut some slack.

This is nothing to do with Maggie at all. I think the SC is amazing, and I am up for any challenge. I got less than 20 passes under my belt in my life, and about 7 in my Challenger and ran a 12.075. No air intake or anything on 20" street tires. To me, that is a big accomplishment. Put a polished driver, and the right wheels, and I would like to see it up against any of the other SC's offered in STOCK form!

Again, cannot doubt the Maggie, we know the combination of new drivers, and about some drops in timing or whatever is happening with the 6 speeds. not to mention the difficulty of driving a manual down the strip. I think we really need to ease up here a little bit, and give credit when credit is due.

This is nothing against BW or anyone either. I see his point too. Spend a lot of money on motor and blower, and in the big picture it does not seem like the times are great, but we on this forum know the cars, and should understand why that is......

Hell, I ran my 03 Z06, and got a 13.323. Sold it, and the second day the guy had it he ran a 12.4! Driving counts for sure!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
X2! Bring your ride to martinsville so you can get your feelings hurt. Better yet....why did`nt you show up at ATCO where Arrington took 1,2,and 3rd in the stroker class and 1st in the unlimited class?
1st place? who big al? you build his motor?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts