Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a new screen in my 2011 R/T this week and never seen or read anything about it. To get to it, hit your nav button and then "view map". Now press the mph/speed icon on the bottom of the screen and a new screen will pop up that has a digital speedometer, your odometer, top recorded speed of car since new or reset, and a whole list of other data like an hour meter, moving hour meter, stopped hour meter, avg car speed. There is a rest button also that I imagine clears most of the recorded data and I did not try that as I thought it would clear some data I'd like to keep since it has been recording I'm guessing since the car came off the line. Now when I found this screen my top speed recorded was 135 and I had done that 6 months ago, I then watched it as I did a 144 mph blast to the limiter and its still on the screen today. I think this may be a tattle tail for the dealer to do a quick look at some info on your driving habits, maybe?

Anyone else seen this screen? I cant find anything on it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting this. Tried it for the first time today. I reset it (bought it from a forum member and wanted to start over with my own data) and decided to run it up past 100 to beat my top speed. Funny thing tho, the mygig read 110 and Evic read 100.7 mph. Wonder why the diff and which one is accurate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
111 Posts
I do believe the one on the Nav is just a calculated speed determined by the GPS system. I am not sure how accurate it will be. I know I have had Garmin and TomTom before and they are usually pretty accurate at normal highway speeds, but the higher the speed the more the calculation seems to differ from the speedo. I haven't actually compared the Nav in my car to the EVIC. Might have to do that after the snow clears up.

Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Very interesting. I will give this a try when I get my car out of storage...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts