Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the build sheet for the new Challenger I ordered last week and I found out the dealer ordered a 730N Nav Radio rather than the 430N I requested. He says that the 430N is no longer available due to "supplier problems". Has anyone else heard anything about this? Brampton Builder, can you enlighten us?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just got the build sheet for the new Challenger I ordered last week and I found out the dealer ordered a 730N Nav Radio rather than the 430N I requested. He says that the 430N is no longer available due to "supplier problems". Has anyone else heard anything about this? Brampton Builder, can you enlighten us?
To my understanding, not a supplier "problem". Dodge just went with a Garmin NAV platform with the 2011s instead of Harmon-Becker as the prior models had. The 430Ns should still be available, I had mine replaced a few weeks back due to a faulty unit. Only took like 2 days to get it in.

I haven't really looked at much 2011 information, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If I had my druthers, I'd want the Garmin based unit. The Harmon unit needs ridiculously expensive map updates and doesn't plan routes as well as my separate Garmin GPS. I may end up giving up on the in-dash nav and just stick my little old Garmin on the windshield.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts