Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a very difficult time finding an idle solenoid for my 1970 Dodge Challenger 440 Six Pack. Does anyone out there have any idea where I can find one to buy?

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Or kill it in gear. I assume the OP has a 727, did the 4-speed use a solenoid?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the reference. I contacted Tony's Parts and they replied that they no longer have the item in stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the references. I checked Tony's Parts and Classic Industries. Tony's Parts web site showed the item as available. But when I contacted them, they replied that the item was no longer in stock. And Classic Industries web site has shown the item for quite a while, but they also say 'Arriving Soon'. I have checked the Classic Industries web site several times this year and it continues to say 'Arriving Soon'. Who knows when that might be, if at all!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the Phil Fish reference. I don't know why I didn't think of him sooner as I purchased a complete Six Pack setup from him way back in 2006. I will fire off an email to him (I found his web site) to see if he has one.

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Looks like they are getting big$ for them :surprise:
Always! That's why I cringe when I see guys post that they threw stuff off their car in the trash. Imagine if you had all the idle solenoids thrown away back in the day! Smog system air pumps for early Vettes were nearly all thrown away, now those parts are worth thousands!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
At that price if you just need one for drive abilty then i would just rig one up from another car.

There has to be a Holley one thats close.

Also getting your distributor mechanical advance set up correctly really helps idle etc i have found over the years, correct idling and no dieseling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts