Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 SPWB and I recently received an email with an offer to subscribe to new 4 G connectivity through T-Mobile. The email is from uconnect.mopar.com. The ad says they have exciting new plans that include uconnect services and Wi-Fi. I called the service number and the lady I spoke to said it was just a system update. My question is: Does anyone know what is the advantage and/or what are the new services this provides for the $10.00 a month fee?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
SFCR may be able to tell you what his experience has been

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
857 Posts
I have a 2020 SPWB and I recently received an email with an offer to subscribe to new 4 G connectivity through T-Mobile. The email is from uconnect.mopar.com. The ad says they have exciting new plans that include uconnect services and Wi-Fi. I called the service number and the lady I spoke to said it was just a system update. My question is: Does anyone know what is the advantage and/or what are the new services this provides for the $10.00 a month fee?
I dont care what it does, im not paying $10 a month to have 4G and whatever else. Geez, we get nickel and dimed to death with these little fees for everything.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
I never used the 3g :p Now when it goes to 11...

A Guy

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Registered
396 Posts
If I remember correctly, it was just for WiFi connectivity. They offered it for free for a short period of time and then a $10.00 per month fee would be added. I never responded as I only drive my Challenger 1 day per week only for an hour or two.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Isn't the first year free? I've never even used it because it's like 1 GB or something. Why go through the hassle for hot spotting when I have a phone with far more data available for a hot spot. Back in 2008 it might have been a big deal to have Wifi from my car....

UConnect is paired with SiriusXM right? So that's something totally different? All these little subscriptions are annoying. I'd only consider the UConnect for theft location, but I know that's pretty much pointless too since thieves disable the antenna.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
926 Posts
Are they just talking about activating your car's WiFi Hotspot? If you don't have a personal hotspot or unlimited data through your wireless provider, then it might make sense if you'd use it.

I wouldn't think that your 2020 would need to add the external T-Mobile 4G Dongle to add features. I could be wrong. Have been before and will be again.

My '15 SRT 392 and our '17 Durango R/T both have Uconnect systems operating on 3G. So, I would have to add the "wonky dongle" that Uconnect/T-Mobile is offering to have a 4G WiFi Hotspot. I would also need the "wonky dongle" to keep a few of my existing features working after T-Mobile (and other carriers) turn their 3G network off in January. I signed up for the dongle and had issues with them in both cars and cancelled the service. (And I am being charged a cancellation fee in accordance with the agreement. I'm fighting the fee as I don't believe I should have to pay for something that doesn't work.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts