Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an R/T and want to do a 392 stroker I am just curious what the HP I can expect is compared to the SRT 392. I am also going to do all forged internals when I do the stroker kit

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
I can shed some light on it if your going to install a blower also. I have a Arrington stroker 392 from my 5.7 but running 15.5 lbs. from a Whipple. Also headers catless corsa extreme exhaust. 720 rwhp.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
With the same cam (Specs) in both engines the stroker and the 392 hp will be about the same but the torque on the stroker will be higher due to the longer stroke. If you plan to forge the internals then you can add a good cam and you will end up with more power than the 392 engine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the same cam (Specs) in both engines the stroker and the 392 hp will be about the same but the torque on the stroker will be higher due to the longer stroke. If you plan to forge the internals then you can add a good cam and you will end up with more power than the 392 engine.

what cam would you recommend?

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
That would be a good question for Modern Muscle or the builder doing your engine.

Good luck with the build!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can shed some light on it if your going to install a blower also. I have a Arrington stroker 392 from my 5.7 but running 15.5 lbs. from a Whipple. Also headers catless corsa extreme exhaust. 720 rwhp.
If you don’t mind me asking how much did this cost you minus the blower?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have an R/T and want to do a 392 stroker I am just curious what the HP I can expect is compared to the SRT 392. I am also going to do all forged internals when I do the stroker kit
Guy on youtube did exactly that and showed back to back dyne runs.

I'm not totally sure this is the video but this is definitely the guy who showed the results. If this isn't it look around his channel and you should b able to find it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts