Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for anyone interested, my manual 5.7 Challenger is quite a bit faster than my friends new 20’ ecoboost 6 speed manual. I’ve heard a lot about ecoboosts being drastically faster than 5.7s so we tested it and that wasn’t the case lol. Doubt there was much driver advantage since we’ve both driven stick for a long time. His previous mustang (19’ 5.0, also a stick) was indeed much faster than my car though. And if you think it’s strange comparing a 5.7l V8 to a 2.3l 4 banger just keep in mind it’s “official” 0-60 is supposedly like .6 seconds faster than my cars so I really thought this was interesting and cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
Just curious if your friend's stang was broken in? The reason I ask is the PCMs these days can limit performance until a certain mileage is achieved. Even our challengers have limits on when VVT is enabled base on RPM, oil temp and mileage.

·
Registered
237 Posts
An EB with the new 10sp and the Ford Performance tune is quite a bit faster than a stock 6sp. The tune is worth about 25HP. The 6sp is probably more fun to drive, but way slower than the 10sp. Also, if his car wasn't running 93 octane, it will be a dog- down about -30HP. A bigger intercooler also make a huge difference on hot days or after several runs. For not much money, the EB can be made pretty fast.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,294 Posts
An EB with the new 10sp and the Ford Performance tune is quite a bit faster than a stock 6sp. The tune is worth about 25HP. The 6sp is probably more fun to drive, but way slower than the 10sp. Also, if his car wasn't running 93 octane, it will be a dog- down about -30HP. A bigger intercooler also make a huge difference on hot days or after several runs. For not much money, the EB can be made pretty fast.
Don’t forget the mustang is a lighter car i have a guy with a new camaro 4 cylinder turbo 6speed that always gives me a run for my money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts