Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here running a Borla S-type exhaust on an R/T? How do you like it?

My Dodge Dakota had a loud exhaust and I don't want to go there again, just something with a little more "authority" and I also respect the quality of their stainless steel product and am willing to pay the premium.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the atak sound
Too aggressive for my taste, but your opinion does seem to be very popular around here. That's why I'm specifically asking about the S-type.

No disrespect, but I do not want the ATAK so please don't try to sell me one. :cheers:

·
Registered
929 Posts
S-Type can get really loud if you lay into it, but it's still a lot quieter than the ATAK. THey have a Touring which has the low rumble and nice midrange without the high end volume.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Anyone here running a Borla S-type exhaust on an R/T? How do you like it?

My Dodge Dakota had a loud exhaust and I don't want to go there again, just something with a little more "authority" and I also respect the quality of their stainless steel product and am willing to pay the premium.
Did you post two videos in another thread comparing the RT and SRT? Was that you driving in the second video with the rally redline? That was stock exhaust? Resonators and all? That sounded like an aftermarket. Sounded good! I was wondering what type of exhaust it was.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S-Type can get really loud if you lay into it, but it's still a lot quieter than the ATAK. THey have a Touring which has the low rumble and nice midrange without the high end volume.
That's good! I like the idea that it would get loud when I push hard on the loud pedal.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did you post two videos in another thread comparing the RT and SRT? Was that you driving in the second video with the rally redline? That was stock exhaust? Resonators and all? That sounded like an aftermarket. Sounded good! I was wondering what type of exhaust it was.
That was me who posted them but that is NOT ME driving in the second video. To the best of my knowledge that R/T Redline is a test loaner and it's stock. I have the same car and it does sound like that. Exhaust is not high on my list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts