Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a list of what gaskets/parts I need for a cam swap. I do have the heads off already too. It's in a 2012 5.7... preferably mopar

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Welcome.

-Intake manifold gaskets (8), if needed
-PCV gaskets (under the intake, change if needed)
-Heater tube o-rings (2) 53013736AA
-oil pump pickup tube o-ring, if you remove the tube from the pump
-head gaskets and bolts
-valve cover gaskets, if they got stretched or kinked at all. Couldn't hurt to replace anyway
-timing cover gasket, and make sure you put a dab of sealant at the bottom corners where the block meets the oil pan. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something like Mopar threebond or permatex right stuff, that will seal engine oil.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
786 Posts
I have heads off, motor still in vehicle. Wasnt planning on pulling the pan off.
You don't have to pull the oil pan off for anything they said. I managed to replace my oil pump with the pan still on, tho it's definitely not an easy task. You gotta get a wrench on the bolt that holds the pick up tube on the oil pump and slowly and carefully loosen it and rotate the pump on an angle so it clears to take it out

Reactions: Mickey661

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,681 Posts
Who said anything about taking the oil pan off? To remove the oil pump to gain access to the crank sprocket this is what you need to do:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts