Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently scheduled to get a maggie (6lb) installed on my 2010 challenger r/t classic, auto, by Arrington. I have always been worried this thing is goign to blow up, eventhough I have been re-assured by Arrington, I should get 100k out of the motor.
I just saw that Arrington has a "march madness" sale, arringon 426 shortblock and heads, cam and throttlebody sale, almost the same price as the Maggie.
I know there are a lot of guys here with the Maggies, I am trying to find out, I know it is all about the quality of tune for durability (AJ is one of the ebst), has anybody blown up their stock 5.7 bottom end running 6lbs of boost. thanks

·
Banned
811 Posts
Sure people have blown up their motors with 6 pounds of boost. But, alot has been learned over the last few years, and you are in very good hands.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Put on a Snow Performance STG 2 Meth Injection kit. And sleep well at night!:pimp:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
No worries, have AJ give you a ultra safe tune or the magnuson tune and you will be fine. Put some miles on that new engine and get your money's worth out of it before you think about the 426 or 392.

My only comment would be , if your thinking of increasing displacement down the road you might want to put a larger blower on it now. Meth is not needed at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts