Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. Alright so we are all familiar with the mds system. It puts your v8 into a v4 mode when not pressing on gas to save you gas. So my car has been making this rottle noise when mds kicks in. It sounds like when you go back the chain of a bicycle. So i’ve researched it and I believe it might be a bad mds lifter. Thing is if i deaxtivate mds by putting car on manually shift with pedals then mds doesnt kick in and i dont hear it. My question what will happen if i just disable mds with a tuner in order to not hear the ticking sound anymore?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2013 rt. Timing chain was replaced about 2 months ago. And the sound only happens when slowing down. Like everytime mds eco light comes on. Sound doesnt come on when im slowing down with manual shift on which is when mds is disable.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
2013 rt. Timing chain was replaced about 2 months ago. And the sound only happens when slowing down. Like eveytime mds eco light comes on. Sound doesnt come on when im slowing down with manual shift on which is when mds is disable.
If the P01 was just done, take it back and have them check this out.

Not a normal sound from how you descibe it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve looked and I’m sure it is msd. I just need somebody experienced in that matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts