Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked at the inertia motorsports website. I noticed that they have a 5.7 vvt cam specs in at 212/216 with 0.560 lift. Sounds good to me. They also offer a can e-mail tune for the camshaft. Anyone have experience with this cam swap? Any dyno numbers or ET's?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Did it have LSA specs listed as well? They have been advertising a slightly lopey VVT cam based on a tighter LSA in another forum, but havent been too responsive when asked about tuning for it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
No man everywhere I've seen says tuning for more aggressive cams on the 5.7 is just not happening, piston to valve issues and junk.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I wanna know!!

I would think tuning and v/p clearance are separate issues that are not related. but i have no facts to support my opinion

·
Registered
864 Posts
I wanna know!!

I would think tuning and v/p clearance are separate issues that are not related. but i have no facts to support my opinion
From what ive read on here its got something to do with how the computer advandes and detards the cam and something like that, havent read up on all that too much lately though. Theres a few threads in here that go on for days about aggressive cams in the 5.7. Also some folks will say that a slightly larger cam is ok and can be tuned, but its the larger aggressive cams that are where the trouble is. Theres a few threads on here that talk all about it though.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
i agree, i havent heard or read of anybody who has successfully installed a bigger / more aggressive cam in a new VVT 5.7L. the strange thing is that there seems to be a few shops that grind / sell them. wonder what the deal is...anybody have any insight???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts