Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Not that I've followed 6.4's, but I've always heard it was the 5.7's. And if that's the case, and the 6.4's deal with the same issues, then why the hell do we buy these cars knowing that once you reach 150k or so that it could all come crashing down at any moment? It seems that ANY engine made today should be able to go beyond 200k miles with no issues.

If a 6.4 ruins cam shafts as well, then maybe I should just keep my 5.7 till it dies. Mine has "Forever Warranty" and wouldn't cost me anything anyway... I just didn't like the idea of someone having to tear my engine apart.
I'm trying to remember the last car I owned with that many miles on it. Can't say I've ever owned one. Closest I've come is a 40 year old car with just barely more than 120,000 yet it's on it's 3rd engine installed 2 years ago and it's got barely more than 1,000 miles on it now so I'm not sure it qualifies.

In the end I only point to this because it seems to me a car with 150,000 miles on it is NEVER going to win any reliability contests. I know lot's of well maintained modern computer controlled and fuel injected engine easily make the number and beyond...... but still......that's a lot of miles, too many to ever expect or insist that there won't be any problems at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm trying to remember the last car I owned with that many miles on it. Can't say I've ever owned one. Closest I've come is a 40 year old car with just barely more than 120,000 yet it's on it's 3rd engine installed 2 years ago and it's got barely more than 1,000 miles on it now so I'm not sure it qualifies.

In the end I only point to this because it seems to me a car with 150,000 miles on it is NEVER going to win any reliability contests. I know lot's of well maintained modern computer controlled and fuel injected engine easily make the number and beyond...... but still......that's a lot of miles, too many to ever expect or insist that there won't be any problems at all.
Seriously? I mean...SERIOUSLY?

This is a joke, right?

41 - 42 of 42 Posts