Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just traded in my 17 SXT+ for an 18 RT 6speed. I've heard many times on these forums that the manuals have a different exhaust than the autos but I'm not sure how accurate that is. I've also heard that ALL new Challenger 5.7's have active exhaust which seems to contradict the original statement. Anyone know what the actual difference is? Thanks!

·
Registered
408 Posts
The only different part in the new exhaust system is the catalytic converter. Older non active exhausts used different muffler designs to tune out the differences in resonance due to MDS.

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/auto-parts/2018/dodge/challenger/r-t-trim/5-7l-v8-gas-engine/exhaust-system-cat/exhaust-components-scat

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Wonder what's different about the cats?

ALL new Challenger 5.7's have active exhaust which seems to contradict the original statement.
Thru 2016 they were completely different, for automatics pipe size was 2.25" and mufflers were oval and very quiet. The manuals had 2.50" pipes with small round bottle mufflers and this system was defintely louder than the automatic but still nothing like the new active system.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think 2017 M6 and newer is 2.75" Not sure the A8 is the same. The M6's are tuned differently than the A8's as well hence the requirement for 91/93 octane.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts