Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a 2010 R/T and the oil filter was where you'd expect. My new-to-me 2015 I found was using a smaller filter (I have seen the debate on the filter change and that likely Mopar filter MO899 would still fit my 2015 R/T) that is located very much forward on the passenger side at what would seem to be a remote mount? Is it my imagination? It's certainly a change from my 2010 5.7

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,357 Posts
Filter should be on the passenger side.

Unless someone installed a 45 oil filter adapter, then it sits a little more forward. My 2015 RT doesn't have this but my JGC 5.7 does.

Here is what it looks like installed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That's helpful and what I was expecting - looks just like my old one. I recall the 2015 seemed more remote - forward of the engine in corner of passenger side engine bay. I'll be sliding under it again very soon and if I find it is as memory serves, I'll post pics.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,357 Posts
Yeah that is the location of the oil filter without the 45 adapter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, changed oil again this weekend and filter is right where it should be.
I think between sliding under a car for the first time in years (I previously had a lift) and the smaller filter they started trying to impose on 5.7 owners beginning mid-year 2015 (the result it appears from my research of the need for a smaller filter to fit 5.7 in trucks) I was just thrown for a loop. I opted to use the same filter my 2010 took which is slightly larger (taller). MO-899 as I recall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts