Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the 5.7 world and curious to know which daily cars has your 5.7 beat in a casual race? Are the new Hondas, VWs, etc. a threat to you all? Im picking up my 2019 RT plus next week and I am so excited.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,813 Posts
I am new to the 5.7 world and curious to know which daily cars has your 5.7 beat in a casual race? Are the new Hondas, VWs, etc. a threat to you all? Im picking up my 2019 RT plus next week and I am so excited.
Some jackA$$ in a 2019 Mustang GT could not get around me on Route 90 near Cleveland. That was more driver than car though. I do not know if that is exactly racing but we were at 130 mph.
Another kid in a Gen 3 Camaro on Rt. 11 coming through Canfield or (KKKLANfield as I call it), Don't know what all he had done to it, other than the headers and glass packs hanging under it. He had the obvious ******* hooker, and holley and Edelbrock decals on his quarter window. I passed him, just driving. He come flying up behind me, so I nailed it, he was only about 1 car lenght behind me up to about 115 mph then he either let off or his car would not go any faster. (It really isn't a race unless you both know it).
Similar stories about Toyotas, Nissans, etc. Don't know if my car is faster or if the other guys are afraid of dying in a firery crash.

I know at the drag strip my buddy has a '49 Chevy Truck with a "Built" 350, aluminum heads, aftermarket intake, aftermarket cam, was bored out and what not. He swears it makes 300 H.P. Anyway my 5.7L Challenger in a car that weighs way more ran a 13.6 to his 13.7

His 2010 Camaro SS (6 speed) however got the best of me 3 times on a 100 mph roll out on Route 11 near Ashtabula. But then again it is a light a$$ rattle trap with about 50 more H.P.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well lots but I’m far from stock lol.
Have taken many 392s to gapplebees, couple hellcats from digs, lots of ecoboost mustangs, some gt mustangs from a dig. Lots of subies and civics. Most annoying are the q50 owners.

Expect to get put in your place by gt mustangs and ss camaros if they know how to drive and you stay stock lol. Digs are where the driver comes out and it’s not hard to pull out on a higher hp car if you know how to drive and they don’t.

Also as an fyi, the forum somewhat frowns upon topics that insinuate racing in less than “legal” conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Did some freeway pulls with a fox body last night. I could smell his fuel but im pretty sure he was NA.

Gave him a run for his money

Taken out many in the canyons, from Civic Si’s to Scaring an audi S5 to pull over

Also gave these three an eyebrow to raise, when you can’t win in a straight line the only option is to turn!

·
Registered
822 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Won some lost some. The last time some Audi s5 pulled next to me. Light turned and I launched pretty good he didn’t even go so I stopped then he guns it and I have to react while going about 15 mph. Never had that happen but I ended up wheel hopping and was catching him 90 mph then he stopped . I was so damn pissed that I stopped in the beginning. Beat another Audi . Some cocky dude. And then a bmw. Wasn’t an m series but still a bmw. 5.7 isn’t the fastest but if u can figure out how to launch it good I’m confident you’ll be winning a lot

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,925 Posts
My 5.7L Challenger T/A is so slow that my RAM 4500 Cab & Chassis can take it......

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
I'll leave the short distance racing to others; but, I'd be willing to take on most people in a race from east coast to west coast with the only stipulation being if you get a ticket you're eliminated. If only I had the time for such a challenge. ? ? In all seriousness, while you and I may think racing on the interstate is a fun thing to do, the unknown factors can be deadly. The unknown factors are the driving ability of the other driver and the condition of his car. 120+ mph when he blows a tire next to you might not be the best situation to find yourself in. When I drive those speeds I make sure there is nobody else in view in front of me or in my rear view mirror.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,925 Posts
Was this even a race? I just saw you all cruising.
It was just a little tongue-in-cheek dash cam footage. I was coming back from a run in my 2018 RAM 4500 and I rendezvoused with my wife and daughter at a Texas Roadhouse near home. My 4500 is speed limited to 87 mph......so no, not even a contest, not counting the fact it was raining. I’m sure you duly noted the speed at the bottom of the screen supplied by the Garmin dash cam...

Reactions: Pioneer4x4

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,813 Posts
In the rain and on slippery pavement......the SMARTER DRIVER will just about always lose the race.
Not really, you'll pass the nut when he is sitting i a ditch by the side of the road.

When I see someone driving crazy or texting, I pull over and let them pass. I figure that it is better to let them do whatever they are going to do well out in front of me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Victims? Well let’s see...there was this one stodgy 52 year old boring guy that putted around in a 200,000+ mile 1996 GMC Sierra cuz he hated spending money on cars. The 5.7 BLEW HIM AWAY. That guy is HISTORY and hasn’t been heard from in a while. Now he has a big grin on his face and feels like a big kid again reliving his hot rod days of his youth romping around in his R/T. (But I still putt around in my old GMC Sierra as my daily beater ?).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts