Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, I'm at 31k on my 2010 300s and it is time for spark plugs, so whats the best out there for 5.7 and where do you get yours.

·
Premium Member
7,323 Posts
I just bought OEM plugs from my dealer. I doubt that any other plug will provide any better performance in an otherwise stock engine like mine.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I used Champion copper plugs (OEM gap)

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,084 Posts
I replaced mine with stock ones in my 2011 5.7 Jeep GC. I didn't replace them until 42,000 miles and to be honest with you, they weren't in bad shape at all. So don't worry about having to do them that soon as I bet yours are fine too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I buy mine from Summit Racing.

NGK-92174
Spark Plug, Standard Series, Gasket Seat, 14mm Thread Size, 26.5mm Reach, Resistor, Each
(Mfr. #: 92174)

Manufacturer Heat Range: 5
Electrode Core Material: Copper
Electrode Tip Material: Nickel
Spark Plug Thread Size: 14mm
Spark Plug Reach: 26.5mm
Spark Plug Seat Style: Gasket
Wrench Diameter: 5/8 in.
Ground Strap Quantity: One
NGK Part Number: LZFR5C-11

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got some from the dealer they have sale on the ngk mopar stock plugs, anyways my car have 31k miles i pull the plugs out and they was not bad at all,super clean gap was good those can easily run for another 30k easy!! so if your car have around 30 don't even bather drive the crap out of it for 30k more b4 you do this.
after i swap the plugs i took the car for a short drive and she run the same as b4 no improvements at all,so 30 k is to soon IMO, just for the record am not a spring chicken i have bean around the cars long time, i know what i see in the plugs.

·
Premium Member
7,323 Posts
I agree, but since the service interval is 30K, one reason to do it is if something goes wrong in the engine, Dodge can't tell me that it blew because I didn't follow the correct service intervals. I still have my lifetime drivetrain warranty.

Anyway, plugs are cheap and it's not a bad idea to look at each one every few years after replacing them to determine if all cylinders are operating correctly (not oil fouled or overly lean).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.