Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my car in the AM 5/16. Some say it should drive like a new car.....we will see about that.
Also had the accuator repaired under the dash ( it wouldn't stop ticking). Dealer had to pull out the entire dash. He stated that there was a couple of parts that needed to be replaced. He also informed me that the repair to the
accuator was not covered under my "Gold" 7/85000 warrantly plan. He stated that the "Gold One" and the
"Platium" plans were better yet.......

The repair that was not covered cost me $736.00 out of pocket....

Everyone check your extended warranty plans. Make sure its what you purchased....not what you thought
you purchased.....`

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
Call Chrysler to verify that it's not covered. Dealers have been known to charge for a "not coverd" repair and then in fact get paid a second time by the warranty policy.

Reactions: guitar2323

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Post Thanks / Like Thanks (Given)0Thanks (Received)3Likes (Given)0Likes (Received)27Dislikes (Given)0Dislikes (Received)0
Well got the car back. Car looked great. Good job on the AutoButler. Not dents or scratches. It runs perfectly.........now.....

After looking it over, I found that the CAI had not been secured to the throttle body. The clamps needed to be tightened. During the "fix" my service writer called and asked me what type of oil I was using. I informed him "Royal Purple". He stated that the mechanic had to destroy the oil pump in order to remove it from the sprocket.

After checking the oil level I discovered that the new oil was not Royal Purple. The service writer confirmed with the mechanic that it was indeed Mobil 1 synthetic. Im ok with that as I was coming up on a oil change service anyway.

All in all......very happy with "old Avondale Dodge". The timing chain issue would of been completed within one day....
Now....off to get tires.....​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts