Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 5.7 in my 2012 6spd from a challenger gave up the ghost and spun a rod bearing, my question is I've got access to a 6.4 from an 18 ram heavy duty, it has no oil pan, intake or timing cover and I'm trying to confirm that those parts from the 5.7 will fit the 6.4, I'll also be removing the mds from the 6.4 and installing the 392 scat pack cam and was wondering about the 6.4 valve Springs and pushrods. What I've seen so far is it sounds like the parts will interchange haven't really found anything on running the stock 6.4 springs and pushrods with the scat pack cam.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
All of the parts you need, you already have. All of the parts from the stock 5.7 will bolt on with no problem. The oil sump pickup will most likely need to be swapped as well. If I recall correctly the truck oil pans have a rear sump, and the car's have a front sump. Easy fix though. I don't think there will be a difference in valve springs on the 6.4 truck engine, from the Scatpacks. If you end up needing springs, I have stock 6.4 springs from my build. I didn't go with a stock cam so I couldn't use the stock springs. I'm sure you don't need my advice but if you have chance to pick up a truck 6.4, I'd jump on it. They are highly sought after. Hell if you are worried about inter changability, I'll clean up my stock 13 5.7 short block and trade it with you plus cash for the 6.4 truck unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts