Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is there an upgraded for just the factory xpipe, but keeping the stock mid mufflers

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Your question has me confused.... "upgrade" for what? What are you looking to accomplish?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 16r/t “xpipe looks like it wouldn’t be that efficient looks like a cross between an h and an x . I like the idea of xpipe compared to an h.
The magma flow xpipe on there catbavk looks most efficient compared to my stock one
I know the factory probably know more than we do but I can’t help but question.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
If you are looking for efficiency (my guess is power?) you are better off leaving your stock X pipe and removing the mid mufflers. Changing out your X pipe for a different one, feeding into the same mid muffler, will get you zero.... I mean zero gains.

Good hypothetical question you pose but nothing to be gained. The truth is that the OEM exhaust is pretty solid to begin with. your biggest bang for the buck is to cut out the mids, install a straight pipe and leave the rears in place. You will dramatically change the sound a may pick up a HP or two. Really this is about sound.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Points well taken thanks. I bought the car almost 2 years ago. Previous owner delete the rear resonators and kept the mids, pretty happy with the sound right now, I’ve gotten a few complements on the sounds and I read the mid mufflers are pretty much straight through.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Points well taken thanks. I bought the car almost 2 years ago. Previous owner delete the rear resonators and kept the mids, pretty happy with the sound right now, I’ve gotten a few complements on the sounds and I read the mid mufflers are pretty much straight through.
With more information.... You have the "hot set up" at the moment. This is a great combo and you you have a maximized system. Have you done anything with a CAI? That would be your next modification I'm thinking?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought a set of ceramic coated shorty headers, I did not want long tubes I know it make more power and what not.. but still wanted the shorties keeping the factory cats and figured if I could change the xpipe while I’m there... or I’ll just go with the magna flow cat back competition series.
I have the hellcat intake set up with Dodge Charger intake tube and fast man ported throttle body..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts