Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seen some Intake Manifold around the Net to upgrade 5.7 to 6.1 liter manifold kit comes new fuel rails, map sensor, and throtle body goes for about 1600.
My question is anybody done this mod to your car. Kit is at shophemi.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
I haven't completed it yet, but it is sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. It will not net much gain on our stock 5.7, but it looks alot nicer, and will provide more power later down the road when I do heads and a cam. However, I would never pay that much for this mod. I got the intake, rails, injectors (which I will reuse my RT ones), MAP sensor, and hoses for $460 shipped and it only has 4,000 miles on it (which doesn't really matter since it is a hard part that never wears out). I had already bought some rails before to get rid of the ugly 5.7 rails, so I now have an extra one to sell and get some of my money back. Shop around and you can find a nice deal, but be ready to jump on it, because if these things are priced right, they go quick. I wasn't really ready to buy, but it was such a good deal, I had to jump on it, so the paint job on the Stang has to wait another month or 2 LOL.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Call me clueless, but does the 6.1L intake fit (no major mods) onto the 5.7L? Does the computer need to be reflashed?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Call me clueless, but does the 6.1L intake fit (no major mods) onto the 5.7L? Does the computer need to be reflashed?:scratchhead:
Yes a Challenger Srt Intake fits on the RT. You need a new TB gasket and Srt PCV valve.

No reflash needed with RT injector reuse.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Seen some Intake Manifold around the Net to upgrade 5.7 to 6.1 liter manifold kit comes new fuel rails, map sensor, and throtle body goes for about 1600.
My question is anybody done this mod to your car. Kit is at shophemi.com.

What's with your "Challenger" emblem so far up on the fender?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes a Challenger Srt Intake fits on the RT. You need a new TB gasket and Srt PCV valve.

No reflash needed with RT injector reuse.
Thanks RT! How was the install on yours? Did you notice any performance gains (other than looking 100% better)? Is the gasket a 5.7L or 6.1L variety, and finally, does the SRT fuel rail work with the RT injectors?

Thanks for the info! Post some pics of your motor!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thanks RT! How was the install on yours? Did you notice any performance gains (other than looking 100% better)? Is the gasket a 5.7L or 6.1L variety, and finally, does the SRT fuel rail work with the RT injectors?

Thanks for the info! Post some pics of your motor!:thumbsup:
Same injectors = same performance
SRT 6.1 throttle body gasket req'd
Reused my
RT TB.

Fuel rails work perfectly.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Later on When I build my 392.... I will have the required intake, and now I am getting my headers from Gily. Now all I need is a nice set of heads and 392 Emblems for the fenders. Just put them away till the project starts (after warranty expires)

The added visual impact of the intake under the hood makes it worth every cent. Also the sound is better. If strictly gaining horsepower is your game, save up for a blower.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If the srt8 intake bolts right onto the 5.7, does it gain any more horsepower?

Im not sure if anyone said it did or not??

Got any pictures of your srt8 intake installed there RT6SPD ?

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just recently did this swap, haven't noticed any gain, but looks amazing...If you are going to run it at the track I would definitely have something to ice the intake because it stays hot...I paid the dealership to do it and they charged me $175 in labor, I was P!SSED!!! Only because I was quoted $105. Here's a picture of the install

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thank you for posting a picture of it, cant believe it looks that much better!

I have a complete spare intake manifold from my 2011 GT 5.0 mustang, was looking at the HEMI the other night... Both have the same designs on how they bolt down to the heads... Wonder if this ford part fits...:icon_lol:

Hardy har har

:scratchhead:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Bull Moose i see you live in St Robert, MO I sold my land down in branch missouri a few years back. Now my aunt and uncle are living there on 160 acres.

How long have you lived down in st roberts?

BW

·
Registered
142 Posts
RT...Thanks, I have been trying to find some Petty Blue in a rattle can to paint some other parts of the engine bay, with the car being black the blue really stands out.
Bryan... I just moved here from NC, not even been a year yet

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Just to be clear Non VVT 5.7L need adapter plates for the 6.1L to fit. As for the performance you will lose a little torq on the bottom end but gain HP in the mid to top range with the testing we have done. You will also gain alot more with heads and cam or headers and F/I if you go that route later on. We also have a sale going on right now for those that want to do the conversion. Check out our vendor section for more info.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MODERNMUSCLE-

Do you have a honest rear wheel horsepower test that shows the difference between the two intake manifolds?

VVT 2011 challenger is vct ??? any way, aftermarket cam, i hear the upgrade makes 50+ horse, is this true?

Thanks, off to check out your site.:bigthumb:

BW

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Not with the VVT motors sorry only can give my honest opinion. If you are going to mod then I think it is worth it. If you just want it for the looks you dont lose enough to worry on a stock motor.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So I am a little confused now. Does the 6.1L intake fit on the 5.7L or do you need an adapter?

Bull Moose - Since the dealer did the install, is your warranty still ok? I am interested in doing this, but I want to make sure I know everything involved before I do it!

RT6SPD - Where did you get the head covers. They look great with the 5.7L on them!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts