Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK we have had great success with our drop in pistons for a couple years now so it is time to turn up the wick. We have all the design work done and are starting a run of drop in pistons and rods for the 392 and the 5.7 VVT engines. These will match factory specs for balance and will not require any balancing (therefore no crank removal). We will be making the pistons from 2618 material and will offer 2 ring packages for you guys that want to spray. The rods will be considerably beefy in order to match the factory weight. They will also include a custom designed ARP 2000 bolt for added strength. This should let you guys raise the boost or spray levels to the 700 to 800 RWHP levels on the 392s.

The 5.7 kit will see the same but we will be offering a matched 6.1 crank for a complete forged engine as an option.

******No engine build delays – no balancing charges – Less down time – No engine shipping cost ******

MAHLE Modern Muscle Super Power Pack Piston
2618 material
Factory weight (so piston can be used with stock rod if you choose to do so)
Top ring moved down
Accumulator groove between first and second ring
Napier oil control second ring
Moly or steel top ring depending on application
Coated skirts
Coated ring lands
Comp ratio 10.0 to 10.8 depending on gasket selection.

Coated bearing option for high HP builds

Future packages will include custom VVT cams for boost and spray and CNC heads.
We will announce Dealers and install shops with pricing soon.
Are we ready to have some fun. I know I am excited and I don’t even own one.
I just love it when a plan comes together.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Let us know when you have the pricing
Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
What do you think the 5.7 6 speed will handle with the forged pistons?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you think the 5.7 6 speed will handle with the forged pistons?
That is a tough one

With the rod and piston change 10 to 11 psi should be all it wants.

I am sure someone will push it much harder. But I am not talking short term. I am assuming we still need reliable transportation not garage queens or just a weekend toy.

Still got that cast crank in there.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,075 Posts
This is very cool, glad to see this.

·
Registered
315 Posts
That is a tough one

With the rod and piston change 10 to 11 psi should be all it wants.

I am sure someone will push it much harder. But I am not talking short term. I am assuming we still need reliable transportation not garage queens or just a weekend toy.

Still got that cast crank in there.
I thought the 13's were forged cranks, but I guess I was incorrect on that one...

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought the 13's were forged cranks, but I guess I was incorrect on that one...
You may be right on the 13s and 14s the crank part number changes for those years.

I am going to reach out to a SRT engineer and find out tomorrow.

Good info we will investigate and update.

Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Please keep us posted as I may get this done before I boost... Please ask them if the RT has forged crank as well.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please keep us posted as I may get this done before I boost... Please ask them if the RT has forged crank as well.
From the engineers:

No sir! The only forged cranks are the Apache 6.4L SRT engine as well as the “new” 6.4L Medium & Heavy Duty truck engine. All the others currently in production are cast cranks.

Sorry

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update. After some consideration we will be offering the 5.7 only as a piston and rod combo. It just does not make sense to offer a piston only to be pressed on a factory rod for a high HP application.

They will still be drop in and match the factory balance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
From the engineers:

No sir! The only forged cranks are the Apache 6.4L SRT engine as well as the “new” 6.4L Medium & Heavy Duty truck engine. All the others currently in production are cast cranks.

Thanks for the quick reply.... Please pm me with price on pistons and crank for the 5.7 RT.

Thanks again,

Ray

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From the engineers:

Thanks for the quick reply.... Please pm me with price on pistons and crank for the 5.7 RT.

Thanks again,

Ray

Will have pricing soon

If you are going to go to the trouble of changing the crank, I need to look into how cost effective a 392 crank would be in a 5.7. It never ends does it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts