21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 5.7L R/T and want to put my Speedlogix catch can on it form my recently departed Scat Pack Shaker. The 5.7s come with an intake tube with a silencer that doesn't leave any room for a catch can. Seems my options are an aftermarket CAI or a Charger intake tube w/o the silencer. My question is this: I read on another forum that the there is a loss of low end torque associated with the Charger intake vs the Challenger intake with the silencer. Otherwise, why would Dodge spend the money to make two versions for the same basic engine bay and engine... Is this true? If it is, wouldn't any aftermarket CAI (including the MOPAR unit that was used for the Scat Pack stage 1 kit) provide this same loss in torque?

Anyone know for sure? I want to find the cheapest way to reuse my nearly new Speedlogix catch can with the S bracket (I know I don't need the bracket with the 5.7 but can use it)

Thanks
Probably a dumb question but what does the silencer on the 5.7 do?

·
Registered
14,071 Posts
Silencer eliminated after 2017..

2018 and newer will not have it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
207 Posts
I have the K&N CAI on my 5.7 (replaced the factory intake resonator box) and there is a definite improvement in throttle response, which you could call low-end torque. I'm not going to claim huge horsepower increase, because any amount of HP gain from an intake is not something you're likely to be able to feel, but again, throttle response is definitely improved. I don't have any specified numbers or anything to back that up, just going off what I can feel.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I bought my '10 R/TC new, and drove it about 10k miles with the factory tube. I then switched to the Charger intake tube and the long sensor.

I got more growl, and sure didn't lose any performance. Drivability/torque seemed the same to me for the next 30k miles, it just made more intake noise.

More "close up pics" in my "Garage"
I didn't find this site until after I had installed a K&N CAI. If I had I would have gone the Charger tube route. Like you I installed the long air sensor, I swear it helps on warmer days.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts