Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I live in NY and have a 2015 challenger r/t plus. i am looking into putting headers on it over the winter while it is packed away and need some help making a good choice. I already have a corsa cat back exhaust installed. I have heard that long tubes may not pass inspection or may throw a code. Is there a way to put long tube headers on and still pass the NY inspection? or is short tube my only option? what would be the best option either way? looking for a combination of sound/performance/durability (no rust). money is not really a factor at this point

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 15RT & was going to put highflow cats but would void Warrenty changing headers & cats. Any mods past cats. Let us kno how things work out.

Bama Boy

·
Registered
624 Posts
Modern Muscle, I am also looking into the headers options as well, without a tune though how much of a power gain would expect from the kooks headers? Also do you need the hi flo cats with the headers or can you go with stock cats for now? I plan on getting a supercharger later down the line and was going to eventually switch over to a full 3" exhaust

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Modern Muscle, I am also looking into the headers options as well, without a tune though how much of a power gain would expect from the kooks headers? Also do you need the hi flo cats with the headers or can you go with stock cats for now? I plan on getting a supercharger later down the line and was going to eventually switch over to a full 3" exhaust

No reason to go with a full 3 inch, With headers you need to use the mid pipes from that manufacture or else they will not fit, you should also get a custom email tune at the minimum or else it is pointless to do the mod without the proper fuel and timing adjustments.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i thought i read somewhere it would be beneficial going 3" if you supercharge but I could have been mistaken. Thanks for the info modern muscle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts