1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
i installed a torqstorm supercharger on my 2009 dodge challenger RT
i live in France and there is not alot of tuner here for the american cars

after install supercharger, e85 tune, 525lph fuel pump, hellcat injectors, 3Bar map sensor, 7.25lbs boost/0.5bar......473hp at the crank !!!

i know i loose hp without intercooler but 473 crank hp !!!!

my question, VVT should disabled really ? the tuner disabled it

i loose hp without vvt ?

·
Registered
718 Posts
hello
i installed a torqstorm supercharger on my 2009 dodge challenger RT
i live in France and there is not alot of tuner here for the american cars

after install supercharger, e85 tune, 525lph fuel pump, hellcat injectors, 3Bar map sensor, 7.25lbs boost/0.5bar......473hp at the crank !!!

i know i loose hp without intercooler but 473 crank hp !!!!

my question, VVT should disabled really ? the tuner disabled it

i loose hp without vvt ?
Tuner disabled it because he doesn't know how to tune the VVT. seek out Satera Tuning in Illinois . Jeremy is one of the best and can remote tune . if the car is an auto trans the MDS should be disabled not the VVT.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
He's in France ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
853 Posts
100 hp without a intercooler. I dont think thats to bad.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,180 Posts
100 hp without a intercooler. I dont think thats to bad.
It will be if it leans out and he gets detonation because of the heat. The intercooler needs to be added.

If he has a Diablo Sport Trinity he can data log everything his engine is doing, and contact Joshua at High Horse Performance for a custom tune.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll go to add intercooler then, i'm afraid lol
i added it but, i felt the difference but in th bad way, less ractive and
it could loose lot of hP without intercooler ?
after ? retune ?

·
Registered
2013 R/T
230 Posts
What program is your tuner using?

As for no intercooler, if your tuner knows how to tune in enrichment according to IAT you will be fine. Be careful up there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i don't know for the programm
i go to reinstall the intercooler and go to another tuner
i have problems to restart at warm, the car high in rpm and stop !!!

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
853 Posts
It will be if it leans out and he gets detonation because of the heat. The intercooler needs to be added.

If he has a Diablo Sport Trinity he can data log everything his engine is doing, and contact Joshua at High Horse Performance for a custom tune.
my point was a 100hp gain without an intercooler isnt bad at all. Id bet if hes running e85 and with a proper tune isnt getting in any more trouble with detonation then a intercooled unit running 91. The big variable is the tune. Theres probably more to be had with even his setup but im sure the tuner kept it conservative. Back when i fooled with grand nationals i knew a guy that had a non intercooled 3.8 putting down 400hp using pump gas and meth. Only mods were a bigger turbo and bigger injectors and a hot wired fuel pump, custom chip and an adjustable waste gate running 18psi. Those are similar numbers to my 87 intercooled car with the boost cranked up to 18lbs a bigger down pipe and bigger injectors and a hot wired pump. adjustable waste gate running the same 18psi but with a stock turbo, running 93. Im not saying an intercooler isnt a big advantage what im saying is it sure is possible to run safely without one. Just about identical hp and the only real change was he ran a ball bearing turbo a bit bigger and meth. He didnt really need the bigger turbo for air flow. It was mostly because it ran a bit cooler. We didnt have E85 then but id bet he could have done the same using it without meth.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,514 Posts
With my Whipple Supercharger and intercooler I see intake air temps in the 140 range. I would not want to see what they would be without it.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,180 Posts
The point is that if a mod isn't done correctly, it is going to cost a lot more money to fix what happens than it would have cost to do the mod correctly in the first place. Those giving bad information are not going to be out a single cent when things go south, and those who follow bad advice deserve what follows...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,865 Posts
How did you confirm VVT is disabled, did you confirm by logging actual exhaust cam angle? I know with HP tuners when I looked at my 2013 JGC 5.7 it showed that VVT was disabled in the stock tune. It actually was not because when I logged exhaust cam angle it moved. So on some FCA engine controllers VTT shows up as disabled when it is not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hello thanks for your advice
i'm going to add an intercooler , to be sure, at the time the temp begin to high

for the vvt, the tuner said me

after the intercooler installed, i go to another tuner, who have already done several dodge challenger

1 - 13 of 13 Posts