Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone. I've had my 16 Scat now for 3 1/2 years. Since I just love my ride and I am definitely keeping it...I decided to give her a nice present. After other's have posted about Ceramic coatings.....I decided to do some research for myself. Long story short.....if a person or detailer does the prep work RIGHT....(KEY WORD HERE)......several coats of quality Ceramic is definitely a great thing for your paint. The reason the prep work is is so critical is.....the Ceramic will "highlight" any imperfections. So obviously, you want it as close to perfect as you can get. I chose Ceramic Pro's top package (4 coats of Ceramic and 1 layer of top coat)

I have always hand washed and blown dry my car (with leaf blower) since day one. To the untrained eye.....it looked great and I always gotten compliments. When the detailer cleaned it...it was water spots galore hiding underneath. The wax in the car wash was hiding some serious spots. It took him 3 days of busting his butt (clay bar, buffer, chemicals) to get her back in prime shape. (and he is a professional) I picked her up this morning.....and WOW what an amazing difference! My rides "Maximum Steel" color really pops now. The paint feels like velvet. I drove home through some thundershowers and did not even need the wipers 99% of the time due to the Ceramic on the windshield. When I got home....I hit her with the water hose and blew her off in a couple of minutes and BAM.....showroom finish again :) Derick removed the Wheels and coated them and the Calipers as well. Super job and LOTS of prep work but well worth the 1900 bucks. It has a lifetime warranty and will look amazing with almost zero effort from now on. I'm ALL ABOUT the minimal effort...so I must be getting lazy..... or old ......or both....Gene:)

Work done by: Platinum Details Ocala, FL. (352) 615-3000

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Damn......
That looks absolutely amazing.
I've been mulling ceramic coating for sometime now.
Time to get serious .
Stunning ?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn......
That looks absolutely amazing.
I've been mulling ceramic coating for sometime now.
Time to get serious .
Stunning ?
Thank you VERY much! Lot of money.....but WELL worth it :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
Looks great. It's amazing what the paint correction can do. Car looks shiny before, after you realize how bad it was (comparatively). This is an extreme, but look at what a difference!

Congrats on your coating ;) Remember you have to have it inspected every year

Annual Inspections are the recommended process for ensuring the coating is maintained and care for the vehicle is properly executed. Annual inspections should be carried out by an approved applicator within 30 days before the anniversary date of the last service to ensure peak performance. Although durable and long lasting, annual inspections ensure maximum gloss and protection from Ceramic Pro coating.
Ceramic Pro Gold Warranty is valid for Lifetime of a vehicle from the date of application for any vehicle. This warranty requires annual inspections and becomes a 5 year Warranty from the date of last inspection if an inspection is missed.
1. Annual Inspections must be carried out by an approved applicator, within 30 days before the anniversary date of the last service to maintain the warranty.

2. Failure to undertake an annual inspection within the required period will change the period of cover the minimum number years stated in each different warranty in part 2.0 of this warranty document. Annual inspections are no longer required.

3. A fee determined by the approved applicator will be charged for the Annual Inspection, which includes – Exterior Wash, Decontamination and Inspection and possible reapplication of coating. 2.5 Ceramic Pro

A Guy

Reactions: Jack44

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,317 Posts
Greetings everyone. I've had my 16 Scat now for 3 1/2 years. Since I just love my ride and I am definitely keeping it...I decided to give her a nice present. After other's have posted about Ceramic coatings.....I decided to do some research for myself. Long story short.....if a person or detailer does the prep work RIGHT....(KEY WORD HERE)......several coats of quality Ceramic is definitely a great thing for your paint. The reason the prep work is is so critical is.....the Ceramic will "highlight" any imperfections. So obviously, you want it as close to perfect as you can get. I chose Ceramic Pro's top package (4 coats of Ceramic and 1 layer of top coat)

I have always hand washed and blown dry my car (with leaf blower) since day one. To the untrained eye.....it looked great and I always gotten compliments. When the detailer cleaned it...it was water spots galore hiding underneath. The wax in the car wash was hiding some serious spots. It took him 3 days of busting his butt (clay bar, buffer, chemicals) to get her back in prime shape. (and he is a professional) I picked her up this morning.....and WOW what an amazing difference! My rides "Maximum Steel" color really pops now. The paint feels like velvet. I drove home through some thundershowers and did not even need the wipers 99% of the time due to the Ceramic on the windshield. When I got home....I hit her with the water hose and blew her off in a couple of minutes and BAM.....showroom finish again :) Derick removed the Wheels and coated them and the Calipers as well. Super job and LOTS of prep work but well worth the 1900 bucks. It has a lifetime warranty and will look amazing with almost zero effort from now on. I'm ALL ABOUT the minimal effort...so I must be getting lazy..... or old ......or both....Gene:)

Work done by: Platinum Details Ocala, FL. (352) 615-3000
Save yourself a ton of heartache and make sure you wash it properly and with the correct products..ceramic coatings can collect swirls and mars just as easily as non-coated cars if you're not careful or use the wrong products.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guy for the helpful information and compliment :) You are right...I thought it looked good and didn't realize that it looked like trash! lol Your car looks truly amazing with the "stealth" look. Ceramic coatings are no joke for sure. Thank you also for the annual inspection information, Derek went over that very well with me and explained everything. The annual inspection / tune up cost is 60 bucks. I feel that is a real bargain for what ceramic does for a vehicle. Thanks again Guy :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Save yourself a ton of heartache and make sure you wash it properly and with the correct products..ceramic coatings can collect swirls and mars just as easily as non-coated cars if you're not careful or use the wrong products.
Thanks Steeler:) That was explained as well.....to only use a PH neutral car shampoo (with no wax) and a very soft MIT or cloth. Fortunately.....I had no swirls before. I only hand wash with a terry cloth sponge and use a leaf blower to dry. I had no idea it had a ton of water spots that you could not see....until he removed the wax from the car wash soap I was using. It took an extra day for him to eliminate the spots.....glad it wasn't me! Thanks again and congrats on the 1320 :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
Looks awesome! ?

A Guy

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great! Ocala? You're about 3 hours north of me.
Thank you Stitches much appreciated! I actually live a little over an hour North of Ocala in Keystone Heights. I made the trip down because they appeared to be the best of any competition. I feel I made the right choice. You must be close to Miami...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Thank you Stitches much appreciated! I actually live a little over an hour North of Ocala in Keystone Heights. I made the trip down because they appeared to be the best of any competition. I feel I made the right choice. You must be close to Miami...
Port Charlotte.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts