Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to upgrade to a 8.4" screen, but not if it's going to knock-out my sport mode switch option. I can't install a navigation capable unit, as I don't have the 'shark fin' type antenna. What upgrades can be done to a 2016 RT?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I'd love to upgrade to a 8.4" screen, but not if it's going to knock-out my sport mode switch option. I can't install a navigation capable unit, as I don't have the 'shark fin' type antenna. What upgrades can be done to a 2016 RT?
These radios aren't cheap, but if you click on them, there is a no NAV option. Replacing your radio will not affect sport mode.

Products

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These radios aren't cheap, but if you click on them, there is a no NAV option. Replacing your radio will not affect sport mode.

Products
:unsure: Others have said that they lost Sport Mode after installing the 8.4 screen.

I'm looking at the Infotainment website now. It now reads "...2015 owners will lose sport mode...". The list use to include 2016 as well. I think it did anyway? It also looks like the "puck" antenna will work with GPS as well. That's good, because I hate the look of the "shark fin" antenna.

Now I'm thinking that I might actually dig having navigation. As long as it will work with the 'puck' style antenna, I'm in! No-way am I'm putting a 'shark fin' antenna on my Challenger. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts