Dodge Challenger Forum banner

$50 Amazon Catch Can for my 392

2530 8
I've been looking around at different catch cans, after using Speedlogix in the past, and decided to see what was inside this cheap catch can.

The internals are different than usual, the baffle is a compressed mesh with a small mesh screen. The can itself is the same size as I've used before but the finished seems to be anodized, because it's pretty uniform, including the fittings. There are imperfections in the finish but most can't be seen and it's what I expected for this price - nothing black touchup can't fix. There's a plug on the bottom that can probably be used to put a drain. Hoses are included but not pictured and are some sort of soft braid.

It's a different can than I'm used to but it's seems of pretty decent quality.

Thoughts?

Wood Gadget Gas Automotive tire Audio equipment

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Sports equipment

Tableware Wood Dishware Ingredient Flooring

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Automotive lighting Rim Audio equipment

Cosmetics Wood Tableware Drinkware Cup
Reactions: Nuke
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
12,986 Posts
The engine-specific mount is the main thing you want to make sure works when going with a no-name CC like that. As long as it bolts up properly and holds the can securely, the $50 CC is worth it in my book.

Reactions: 1320_Tony

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
What's the purpose of the oil catch can? Looks like another oil filter. Why doesn't it come from the factory already equipped? What happens you don't install one?
This is from Amazon? 😬 :unsure:🥺 Why not just get a MOPAR catch can??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
35,872 Posts
You have been here 10 years and have never seen what a catch can does??! Mopar doesn't make catch cans/oil separators

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 F8 Green 1320
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I bought a new '22 SPS and decided to throw this catch can in with 50 miles on the odometer. I may have to change the routing of the hoses (I used my own braided hose and clamps) but overall it fits nicely. I'm going to keep an eye on it for a while but I'll update everyone if I find any issues.
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive air manifold

1 - 9 of 9 Posts