Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Might not be for everyone. Alternative for the cheap members. My $50 Halos. Got em off ebay. Asked the seller for four of the 160mm LED rings.

4 x BMW 2000 2003 x5 E53 SMD LED Angel Eyes Halo Rings Super Bright Kit White | eBay

I used some 3M auto body tape and placed them on the outside of the headlights and wired them up. They don't fully fill the headlight openings but its good enough where you're not gonna notice pass 3 feet. Had them on for 3 months, through heavy rain storms and all, no problems. They come on and off with the engine. Use a fuse circuit tap on the one that says diesel, fuse 5 or 6 in the engine bay fuse box. Because I didn't want the look to be thrown off with the parking light switch on. I replaced the front turn signal bulbs with 3156 bulbs so they only engage when using the turn signals and not the parking light switch.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
That looks awesome. Got a video of them working?

·
Registered
610 Posts
can you take a pic of far away at night? they look to me perfect .. dont see the problem :O

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
That actually turned out great!

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Well now I'm interested..Did they have different colors?

Yeah for $50 I'd give that a shot! How are they wired in? I'd want some red ones... MEAN looking...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
are they mounted outside ...????

·
Registered
588 Posts
I see your from Chicago. Might have to see these in person. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The seller I bought them from only lists the 6000k white color halos in their ebay store. You can try emailing them about different colors. The Halos are mounted on the outside of the stock headlights, no problem with water or rain.

Halos wired with a

To "Diesel PCM" fuse #5 in front engine fuse box. Comes on and off with car.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Subscribed for reference

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks awesome, can't beat that price...keep us posted on the durability of the outside mounting...nice post

·
Registered
379 Posts
That looks really good, I like the Halos im just not brave enough to let someone open up my headlights to install them! This would be a perfect alternative, and if they fail for some reason its so easy to replace! Im here in chicago as well... Maybe i can meet up with you one day and see them in person.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Damn..... Today i was free with nothing to do. Lol! Maybe tomorrow i can meet up with you or the following Sun/Mon! I will pm you tomorrow and see if your busy or not! Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think they look great! I would look into these if they had them in ultraviolet or duel ultraviolet/white. Awesome mod!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Look good. A guy in our local club did this 3 years or so ago and they are still working great.

1 - 20 of 395 Posts