Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned scat before and a HC. Just received 17 scat/Shaker. Just took it out for a 5 mile run and when pulling it on driveway, boil over, squish,drip,pool! The tank behind the air filter is boiling and underneath is spewing. I mean c'mon Dodge. My HC was overheating when new and I remember pushing in a connector that I read on forums and it worked. What is this now, thermostat? After it rested for 20 min I pulled it back 5 ft and boiled over again! C'mon this is a virgin! Now I gotta go back to dealer so they can screw it up more?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I've owned scat before and a HC. Just received 17 scat/Shaker. Just took it out for a 5 mile run and when pulling it on driveway, boil over, squish,drip,pool! The tank behind the air filter is boiling and underneath is spewing. I mean c'mon Dodge. My HC was overheating when new and I remember pushing in a connector that I read on forums and it worked. What is this now, thermostat? After it rested for 20 min I pulled it back 5 ft and boiled over again! C'mon this is a virgin! Now I gotta go back to dealer so they can screw it up more?
Or don't take it to a dealer. If that's your attitude, I'm thinking they don't want to hear from you anyway. Do them and yourself a favor, so that they don't "Screw it up more".

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
I don't like to take my Challenger to the dealer either, but since your car is under warranty, have them fix it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,845 Posts
If your brand new car has issue, you have a right to be pissed. Hopefully they quickly fix it for you. A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,845 Posts
And it does look great :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Does anyone know if I can do anything myself before dealer? Thermostat?
It's a new car, you have a warranty, why mess with it??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,845 Posts
I agree, it's under warranty. For it to boil over that fast, chances are the water isn't recirculating, thermostat would be indicated I'd think. A Guy

·
Registered
44 Posts
You have a right to be pissed but let the dealer handle it. With only 50 miles give them a chance and if the car continues to be troublesome invoke the lemon law to get satisfaction. But in all likelihood this is just bad luck that will be easy to resolve.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Does anyone know if I can do anything myself before dealer? Thermostat?
Take it out for the time being if you want to do it yourself.

There is a procedure for bleeding the coolant after.

If its over heating in just 5 mins there something wrong that could damage your motor if you keep running it. If its just a cracked over flow bottle it just needs a new part.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts