Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post so sorry if it isn't too concise but I've been checking out a lot of the threads about different mods to the 5.7 for a while now. I've got a '16 R/T Plus w/ the six speed and am hoping to get to 500-550 hp naturally aspirated but my main problem is of course finding good parts that meet CA Carb.
The main parts I have in mind are: Diablosport intune i3, JBA Short Headers, Magnaflow Competition Series catback, 392 Cam (No Carb compliant cams I can find), Edelbrock Ported heads, Ported manifold (or upgraded manifold to 6.1), and of course I will get proper tunes for them all to maximize their potential and make sure they work well together. I have heard different opinions about CAI so I'm not sure about them but if I do they would be JLT or K&N.
Now these are just parts that I've found that I know should help a little w/ airflow a tune should keep everything running good but if anybody had any suggestions of if it's enough or if I will have to go w/ a stroker kit or something like that it would be really helpful. Checking out the threads everybody seems to have different opinions of the benefits of different things so if anybody can guide me to some clearer threads they've found it would really help out. Thanks to everybody, I'm excited to start modifying my first hemi

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've got a '16 R/T Plus w/ the six speed and am hoping to get to 500-550 hp naturally aspirated but my main problem is of course finding good parts that meet CA Carb.
Not going to happen.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Well...

Just about noone of those parts will get you anywhere near 500-550 wheel.

Options? Boost

Other options? 426 stroker and a tuner from heaven to make it pass carb

Its possible, hard but...possible.

With all the potential mods you listed you would be knocking on the door of 400 wheel.

Now that being said, if you are making 400whp on an R/T you will definitely feel like its a new car

Budget is the big question. Skip on the bolt ons, go straight for boost if you want the hp number

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
No cigar unless you boost it...plus the MOPAR tax. I would just trade for a Scat and enjoy the 485 horses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi this is my first post so sorry if it isn't too concise but I've been checking out a lot of the threads about different mods to the 5.7 for a while now. I've got a '16 R/T Plus w/ the six speed and am hoping to get to 500-550 hp naturally aspirated but my main problem is of course finding good parts that meet CA Carb.
The main parts I have in mind are: Diablosport intune i3, JBA Short Headers, Magnaflow Competition Series catback, 392 Cam (No Carb compliant cams I can find), Edelbrock Ported heads, Ported manifold (or upgraded manifold to 6.1), and of course I will get proper tunes for them all to maximize their potential and make sure they work well together. I have heard different opinions about CAI so I'm not sure about them but if I do they would be JLT or K&N.
Now these are just parts that I've found that I know should help a little w/ airflow a tune should keep everything running good but if anybody had any suggestions of if it's enough or if I will have to go w/ a stroker kit or something like that it would be really helpful. Checking out the threads everybody seems to have different opinions of the benefits of different things so if anybody can guide me to some clearer threads they've found it would really help out. Thanks to everybody, I'm excited to start modifying my first hemi
Sorry but you will need a supercharger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kenne Bell Blower will put you there. 50 State compliant. Love it. Roll along in second (M6), put it down and roast. View attachment 992828
I was looking at the Kenne bell it looks like a great system, may I ask if you're running stock internals or if anything is built? I'm thinking I won't need more than 10-13psi to start

1 - 11 of 11 Posts