Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
id imagine that would be the 6.4 Hemi, and there's no word on it yet. But I seriously hope it does come out, beause then they'd defnately have to upgrade the Viper motor, and that would just be freaking AWESOME:D

·
Registered
598 Posts
TwinTurbo said:
Will there be a 500 H.P. option available? If so at what cost.
Right now its strickly a crate engine 500++hp for racing,...unveiled and announced at the SEMA show 6.4L (392) 500++hp Beast.....Most of us here are praying that it makes it way,at least into a limited production srt-8 version of the Hemi Challenger,...and personally for me, would be a very smart move, so it can compete with the near 500 hp Shelby GT500 coming out this summer....stay tuned!;) :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Points at Vanishing Point. What he said. But screw the limited production crap. Stick that 500hp engine in every SRT-8 Challenger for every customer who wants to buy it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you go back to 1970 you will find that the 426 hemi (Top engine available) was an $800 option. And that was with no factory warranty. Adjusted for inflation, the 392 should be somewhere around $4000-$5000 extra. Now that I have your attention, picture this: 2009 Dodge Challenger, Plum Crazy with white decals and interior, 392 Hemi 6 sp. NO a/c, NO radio, NO power windows or door locks.Functional Air grabber hood, T/A rear spoiler. 19 wheels with 255s in front and 315s in the rear. (Each car will come with a t-shirt with this saying on the front " SMOKE THOSE 315s DOWN TO THE RIMS". Let's not forget the TP holder on the dash, because after a 12 second run, YOU"LL NEED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE BUILD THIS CAR. I have $45,000 burning a huge hole in my pocket .

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I'd love to see it but I don't see it as an option, at least at first.:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
wirewilly said:
2009 Dodge Challenger, Plum Crazy with white decals and interior, 392 Hemi .....
OMG. Plum Crazy and white. Exactly what I want.

...except I also want the modern amenities like door locks, AC, CD player, etc... DCX, give me my 500HP HEMI and let me drive it everyday too !!

·
Registered
334 Posts
wirewilly said:
If you go back to 1970 you will find that the 426 hemi (Top engine available) was an $800 option. And that was with no factory warranty. Adjusted for inflation, the 392 should be somewhere around $4000-$5000 extra. Now that I have your attention, picture this: 2009 Dodge Challenger, Plum Crazy with white decals and interior, 392 Hemi 6 sp. NO a/c, NO radio, NO power windows or door locks.Functional Air grabber hood, T/A rear spoiler. 19 wheels with 255s in front and 315s in the rear. (Each car will come with a t-shirt with this saying on the front " SMOKE THOSE 315s DOWN TO THE RIMS". Let's not forget the TP holder on the dash, because after a 12 second run, YOU"LL NEED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE BUILD THIS CAR. I have $45,000 burning a huge hole in my pocket .

FORGET about Factory Stripped Cars, esp at the premium 6.1/6.4(?) Hemi Level. The VAST majority of potential buyers WANT the car to be well appointed. If you want to get the car to weigh less, you're just going to have to remove equipment, sound deadening, etc. yourself.

Sorry to Pop Your Balloon...

LJB:cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
They better offer the 500hp & they'd better be prepared to up the hp as within the next few years.

If you'll remember back to '67 when the Camaro 1st came out, it got more hp as the years went on. I think they'll do the same thing again, so Mopar needs to be pre-pared & put the Challenger on a diet. It should come-in around 3,200 to 3,300 lbs. I'm sure the Cramaro will be light also.

Just PLEASE keep it NATURALLY ASPIRATED!!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Sr4tuner said:
i think we need to schedule eye surgery
I hope your right but initially I think the 6.1 will be the top dog in the Challenger line-up, maybe followed the next year by a 500hp option. How about a HEMI V10 for the Viper and Challenger to share.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
buickman69 said:
The only downside to that is Brand-X will have their little [email protected] comments like:

"It took you Mopar boyz 2 more cylinders to do what we did with less!" :rolleyes:
That's fine Furd always has to use their Supercharger crutch so 2 more cylinders makes it equal.:D

·
Banned
95 Posts
wirewilly said:
HOT DAMN ME TOO !! I have my Shelby GT 500 money sitting in a ING Acct earning 4.75 % Since I sold my allocation spot for $5k I have 2 more yrs to accrue enough for what ever option they throw at us. I do need A/C though. I am 38 y/o and live in the middle of a swamp(complete w/ gators under my dock) so climate control is a must. You can take that OPT 2 Sirius/Nav garbage for $1900 and dump it. Waste of money IMO, if you are to dumb to read a map, you should not be driving a HEMI charged missle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would think that the 500hp engine would be an option, considering how they introduced the engine in the first place (wasn't it under the hood of an older Challenger?). As for accesories, A/C would be enough for me. Power locks and windows come standard on most cars now anyways. I don't want any of that navi crap or t.v.'s all over my car either. I'll be too busy focusing on my 1/4 mile times to use all those extra things anyways!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Leadphoenix said:
I would think that the 500hp engine would be an option, considering how they introduced the engine in the first place (wasn't it under the hood of an older Challenger?). As for accesories, A/C would be enough for me. Power locks and windows come standard on most cars now anyways. I don't want any of that navi crap or t.v.'s all over my car either. I'll be too busy focusing on my 1/4 mile times to use all those extra things anyways!
The first official Mopar engine to be rated at 500hp form the factory was the 2nd gen Viper V10. Actually if I remember correctly the 6.4 hasn't exactly been offered by Mopar but it was introduced at a car show.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I meant how they introduced it a the car show. I thought they put it under the hood of an old challenger to showcase it? I may be wrong, or I was having a very very awesomely sweet dream...

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Leadphoenix said:
I meant how they introduced it a the car show. I thought they put it under the hood of an old challenger to showcase it? I may be wrong, or I was having a very very awesomely sweet dream...
Ok, now I understand. Yeah they did put one in a 1970 Challenger.

(Sorry about the "non-secure" Warning.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts