Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
via dodge twitter from today. Im liking them both!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't know.. I thought the wheels were supposed to be gold too, it looks good because its still a challenger, not because of the 50th package, I can't see spending $5000-$6000 for that package when all you're really getting in my opinion is a bunch of 50th logos, being limited can have it's advantages but it's only limited for logos, the carbon dash and color matching shaker will probably be available on 2021 models, just like the Limited 2014 RT Shaker, what good is it being limited when the 15 and beyond shaker is available and in my opinion are better. In 2014 I was trying to buy one but the dealer was so overpriced that I didn't get it and I'm glad because a few months later the 2015 Scat was released.

·
Super Moderator
13,539 Posts
Here are some details:
  • Limited-production 50th Anniversary Edition is available on Challenger GT RWD, R/T Shaker, R/T Scat Pack Shaker and R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody models
  • All 2020 model-year Challenger SRT Hellcat and SRT Hellcat Redeye models to feature 50th Anniversary badge
  • Body-color Shaker hood scoop standard on R/T, R/T Scat Pack and R/T Scat Pack Widebody 50th Anniversary Edition models
  • For the first time ever, Shaker hood scoop available on Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
  • All-new high-impact paint (HIP) color, Gold Rush, first available with Challenger 50th Anniversary Edition
  • 70 numbered units of each model, in each HIP, mark Challenger's original 1970 model-year introduction
  • 50th Anniversary Edition features premium Nappa leather and Alcantara interior with Sepia accent stitching, real carbon fiber accents, a unique gauge cluster and the "50" logo throughout
  • Custom Challenger 50th Anniversary logo instrument panel badge is color matched to the exterior; each Challenger identified as "x out of 70"
  • The 50th Anniversary Edition package starts at a U.S. manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $4,995
  • Dealer orders for 2020 Dodge Challenger 50th Anniversary Edition open in December. Vehicles will start arriving in Dodge//SRT dealerships in early spring of 2020
  • Dodge Challenger reported record third-quarter sales in 2019; best yearly sales ever in 2018

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,733 Posts
While that package is fine for those that want it, but by making it a limited addition most won't get to participate in celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Challenger. Considering people have been talking about it coming for the last couple of years on the forums you would think they could have come up with something all could share in. Maybe they will before the year is done but I'm not all that enamored with a limited addition model that consists mostly of badging.

I must say I was really hoping this would be the year of the 426 Hemi and that it would be available in whatever numbers the market would demand (not limited addition), so I guess that puts me in the disappointed catagory. Oh well I guess I'll still hold out a bit of hope that there will be something else coming this year, available to everyone, but it's starting to look like slim chances on that.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,723 Posts
Well that ends that. No widebody and only Go man go Scat Pack for Canada. Only 70 for all of Canada. Nice to look at online anyways and I’ll just redirect funds to my ‘70 GTX project. Which is what I should do anyways.
It's pretty sad that these cars are being built in CA, yet only 70 in total are going to be actually made available for sale there! With the premium Canadians pay over and above US priced cars, can someone please justify why CA is being stiffed? It seems like they're good enough to build them, but NOT good enough to buy them!

·
Registered
116 Posts
The more I look at it, I'm digging it more and more. Especially the new gold since gold and black are my favorite colors. Although I do like the Sinamon, F8 and possibly the Hellraisin. I'm wondering what options will come with it or what you may be able to add? Maybe I'm off on this as I thought the package was pricey at first, but I was thinking of what you get with the package and in my case, since I was already thinking of getting the dynamics and plus package (including the convenience group) which comes out to about 5.2k and add the SRT spoiler and you are basically at the price of the 50 package. Since the package comes with the 9.5" wheels, they should sport the 275 tires so no need for the dynamics, plus package or the optional spoiler as the one that comes with it looks decent. So I would basically get the options I wanted with the shaker package and unique 50 items thrown in for free. Unless I'm missing something and also assuming you can get one without a markup. I do have to say the WB looks the best with this package, but I'm sure that trim will be out of my budget for sure.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,723 Posts
With package prices where they are, and undoubtedly dealer markups jacked on for these "limited editions", at least 1,960 people will be partially making up for the $10/HP discount offered for a few months now.
These "limited editions" may be unique in terms of being numbered, but I severely doubt the "special colors and options", minus the 50 badge, won't be offered on future Challenger, Charger, or even Jeep Wrangler models for years to come.
No doubt they will all sell though. As the saying goes, "there's an ass for every seat."

·
Super Moderator
13,539 Posts
With package prices where they are, and undoubtedly dealer markups jacked on for these "limited editions", at least 1,960 people will be partially making up for the $10/HP discount offered for a few months now.
These "limited editions" may be unique in terms of being numbered, but I severely doubt the "special colors and options", minus the 50 badge, won't be offered on future Challenger, Charger, or even Jeep Wrangler models for years to come.
No doubt they will all sell though. As the saying goes, "there's an ass for every seat."
This is just another gimmick to spur sales. Since 2008, there have been MANY "limited edition" Challengers.

·
Super Moderator
13,539 Posts
In its press release, Dodge also said:

"As a result, the R/T Scat Pack Widebody delivers its best on-road and on-track performance ever, with an improvement of close to 2 seconds per lap or 12 car lengths compared with the R/T Scat Pack. In a quarter-mile comparison, the new Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody gained .2 seconds—running 12.1 seconds E.T. at 112 miles per hour (mph)."

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,723 Posts
I think a Challenger wide body anything is going to offer better performance over stock models simply due to increased tire contact patch area. Who doesn't want wider wheels/tires for better traction? The downsides are initial increase in model price, more weight, and increased tire replacement costs. It basically follows the "you've gotta pay to play" mantra.

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
44 Posts
I can't see spending $5000-$6000 for that package when all you're really getting in my opinion is a bunch of 50th logos, being limited can have it's advantages but it's only limited for logos, the carbon dash and color matching shaker will probably be available on 2021 models, just like the Limited 2014 RT Shaker, what good is it being limited when the 15 and beyond shaker is available and in my opinion are better.
Totally, agree.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts