Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only person that bought one of the 20 50th anniversary challengers with the wrong rims and now dodge refuses to do anything but install their used loaner tires on the new 50th rims and install them on the car....485 hp car?

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,560 Posts
Why did you buy it with the wrong equipment in the first place? Why is the bar code still on the windshield?

·
Registered
103 Posts
🤔

#03 out of 70 Scat.

Glad I didn't wait for the order proces. Dealer said all there challengers are still sitting BX.

View attachment 1002530
This also a 50th Anniversary with different rims again.

I found 3 50th Anniversary cars. Two has the 20x9.5–in Magnesium Carbide 50th Anniversary wheels and one has 20x9.5-in Forged Painted Aluminum Wheels. I searched the Vin and one came back with Forged Painted Aluminum in the Infotainment | Vin Decoder in the options search and on the window sticker it doesn’t even mention what rims come on the car.

2C3CDZFJ5LH148882 Magnesium Carbide
2C3CDZFJ9LH148884 Magnesium Carbide

2C3CDZFJ0LH148921 Forged Painted. (No mention of what rims come on the car on the Monroney Sticker. But it’s in the options list.

Plug your vin into that website and search the window sticker and the options list, if it says Magnesium Carbide you have a case, if it doesn’t well ur outta luck I’m guessing.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,521 Posts
I’m not clear on what the main grievance here is. It sounds like the car was sold with a set of rims and tires that the OP believes to be incorrect for the trim package.

And after bringing this to the attention of the selling dealership. the rims and tires that came on the car were replaced with wheels consisting of the correct rims (for the trim) and used tires of unknown origin or use usage.

Have I got all that right so far?

If so, it sounds like the OP is displeased with the tires which came on the new rims.

Is that also correct?

If so, it seems like having the dealership put the original tires back in the new rims currently installed would be the obvious resolution to this...unless I’m missing something?

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Guess they were running low on these special wheels. If they are willing to swap them then take the deal. Otherwise I'm sure they are free to make changes in production as they see fit without notice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
128 Posts
Hi,

Was that car ordered with or without the dynamics package as that gives you the flat black rims unless you get the brass monkey rims on a standard Scat Pack, not sure on the Anniversary edition, maybe play with the build your own site and see.

Either way should show on build or window sticker.

If there willing to swap the rims to the one's you want, th as that may be your best option

Good luck,
Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why did you buy it with the wrong equipment in the first place? Why is the bar code still on the windshield?
This is like the cops asking me why I would be going so fast in this car....look at it!

🤔

This also a 50th Anniversary with different rims again.

I found 3 50th Anniversary cars. Two has the 20x9.5–in Magnesium Carbide 50th Anniversary wheels and one has 20x9.5-in Forged Painted Aluminum Wheels. I searched the Vin and one came back with Forged Painted Aluminum in the Infotainment | Vin Decoder in the options search and on the window sticker it doesn’t even mention what rims come on the car.

2C3CDZFJ5LH148882 Magnesium Carbide
2C3CDZFJ9LH148884 Magnesium Carbide

2C3CDZFJ0LH148921 Forged Painted. (No mention of what rims come on the car on the Monroney Sticker. But it’s in the options list.

Plug your vin into that website and search the window sticker and the options list, if it says Magnesium Carbide you have a case, if it doesn’t well ur outta luck I’m guessing.
Mine should have the 50th gold school 20 x 9.5 rims. Dodge had a shortage so they used different rims. The issue isn't the rims (except the black rims look so much better) the issue is dodge correcting their mistake by installing used tires on a 485 hp car.

I’m not clear on what the main grievance here is. It sounds like the car was sold with a set of rims and tires that the OP believes to be incorrect for the trim package.

And after bringing this to the attention of the selling dealership. the rims and tires that came on the car were replaced with wheels consisting of the correct rims (for the trim) and used tires of unknown origin or use usage.

Have I got all that right so far?

If so, it sounds like the OP is displeased with the tires which came on the new rims.

Is that also correct?

If so, it seems like having the dealership put the original tires back in the new rims currently installed would be the obvious resolution to this...unless I’m missing something?
Dodge is going to take their used tires off the rims currently on the vehicle and install them on the new rims. The problem is you don't dismount a used tire to mount on a new rim and install it on a high hp vehicle, it is unsafe also guy at pirelli says this should not be done. It's just shady bad business on top of that!

Dodge is known for the wrong rim installs but I don't think this is for my car as dodge told me if I don't let them do this shady repair within 30 days I can't have my 50th anniversary rims. Think this rim issue was COLDVID related.

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Hi,

Was that car ordered with or without the dynamics package as that gives you the flat black rims...
I don't know if there is even a wheel option on Anniversary, all the ones I've seen they have those bright wheels.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,560 Posts
Reactions: vpzyck

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts
I don't know if there is even a wheel option on Anniversary, all the ones I've seen they have those bright wheels.

You can add the Dynamics Package to an Anniversary on the website at least...but it doesn't change the wheels. They only list the "Gold School" wheels as a choice. What happens in reality I can't say

A Guy

Reactions: SFCR and Slidd

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like a tire guy trying to sell you some new tires. Just saying!!

If the dealer is offering you the correct wheels(rims) get them to swap your present tires on the new 50th wheels and drive the snot out of her!!

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
2,369 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I guess I’m used to seeing them with the shaker hood and the Dodge configurator shows the Scat Pack hood as base.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts
Yeah, not a 50th Anniversary, but a 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition, just to confuse people

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
16,094 Posts
On of my friends took delivery of a Sinamon Stik 50th Anniversary Scat Pack and it had the T/A 392 wheels as well - apparently there was a supplier issue with the correct Gold School finish 20 x 9.5" wheels.

He talked with the selling dealer and brought up the point that the window sticker details all the 50th Anniversary package items.

Dealer ordered the correct wheels - once they arrived, they changed the tires over to the correct wheels and took the black finish T/A 392 wheels back. There were a number of cars in the Charlotte, NC area at dealers like that.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Wonder what the build sheet shows on these wrong wheel cars?

And maybe that was the delay on Gold Rush, that was their premise color and I bet they wanted to make sure all those cars got the right wheels.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts
From the VIN# Sully’s Hemi posted above

2C3CDZFJ0LH148921

That car too has the Dynamics Package

A Guy

Reactions: SFCR

·
Registered
103 Posts
I’m “guessing” that if the car has a dynamics package “ 6 piston Brembos” the Gold Rush wheels might not fit? Hence the reason for the different rims?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts