Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some good deals on 50th anniv. models but I really dislike the wrapped roof and trunk. Anyone successfully removed it from their car? The hood is painted so not much you can do there except get it repainted but I can live with the hood.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I disliked them too when they first came out but have since REALLY changed my mine. What I really didn't realize at the start was how great the interior is (much nicer than the other Challengers I've had). I personally wouldn't buy a anniversary model and then take things off it as I'm sure you would hurt the resale of it. Also why would you spend the extra $4000+ for a package and then change it? I'm sure whichever 50th model you're looking at you can get the exact same car w/o it for much less. Everyone will have different a opinion but for me it was completely worth it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one I'm looking at is a non-shaker octane red 6-sp. The black looks great on blue and high impact colors but out of place on octane red which is a more subtle classier color. I had a black top car and the graphics were hell to keep looking nice with no water spots so I'm not keen on the wrap. The car is about 10K off sticker, so a good deal and has all the nice interior stuff. Basically a plus package with nav, so really no more than buying a plus and adding the other options. The seats are really nice. I have the alcantera seats in my current car.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
In theory the wrap could be removed. The roof mouldings are also black so you would have two black strips or you could buy painted ones.
If you were to opt to remove the wrap, I'd suggest paying a shop to do it. That way it's on them if they screw something up.

I was not excited at all about the black on mine but it's growing on me.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
A footnote. It just occurred to me that this car would not be a "numbered" Shaker car so any affect on future value would be lessened. And it could always be re-wrapped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts