Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my Challenger on December 13, 2008 and it has just a tad under 52,000 now. It's kind of depressing in a way lol. I'm hoping it'll be like my Dodge Dakota that has 250,000.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Seems like alot of miles. Sounds like you're getting plenty of use & seat time out of it. Curious though, have you had any major issues/problems with it?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like alot of miles. Sounds like you're getting plenty of use & seat time out of it. Curious though, have you had any major issues/problems with it?
I had to have a seal in the rear end replaced in the first 20,000 and now if I park the car and don't set the parking brake it won't come out of gear if there's any load on the transmission at all. I need to take it to the dealership but I just hate going so bad I've let it be for now. It works fine when the car is running.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I think you should be proud of those kind of miles. 52,000 in 2 yrs. I can't even fathom, but you are to be congratulated sir!

I have been very curious about long term durability and it sounds like yours is holding up very well.

Good to hear you plan on holding on to her. After awhile a guy kinda grows attached to his machine, huh?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had to have a seal in the rear end replaced in the first 20,000 and now if I park the car and don't set the parking brake it won't come out of gear if there's any load on the transmission at all. I need to take it to the dealership but I just hate going so bad I've let it be for now. It works fine when the car is running.
Thanks for feedback. Hopefully nothing major with tranny. I have a good friend who is a tech at local dealership where I purchased R/T Classic. I'm going to run your feedback on the transmission by him to see if he's addressed that problem before.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oh mileage ... I thought you were talking about how much money you spent on mods in the first two years.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
These cars seem to hold up really well! With nearly 100 runs at the track (90 on drag radials), 43,000 miles, and 2 years of roaming Louisiana..mine is still running like a champ! I've only had a few problems..facial started bubbling, rear valence cracked, and the passenger window trim cracked.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have 45,100 on mine @ 22 months and have the exact same problem with my transmission (mine also "locks" in gear when coasting up to a light and letting the RMPs get down around 1200 before clutching and attempting to take it out of gear.) I do not beat on my car, I guess I gotta break down and bring it to the dealer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got my car on Sept. 24th of this year and i already have 11200 miles on my car. I can't wait to get another car so i can stop putting so many miles on my car.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
7/08 - 2 - 12/10

I like hearing updates on the drivin "road mile" Challengers. Am @ mine w/26.000 with great results.
Am upgrading the suspension and handling. I've seen a-lot of Challey's come & go on this forum. rdockory 3

I lov mine !! :bigthumb: Keep your's 100% MOPAR... "Happy Motoring"

HAPPY HOLIDAYS :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
You guys do some serious driving of your cars. I have had mine since Feb 2009 and I have 23k on it. I do know another CHallenger owner that has about 28k.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
It's nice to see that I am not the only guy really driving their car and not treating it as a trailer queen or a garage ornament. I got mine right at the first of 2010 and have just over 20,000 miles. I bought it to be a driver and never be sold, I drive this thing everywhere; taking my kid to his BMX races.
Seriously....I think I am the only Detonator Yellow SRT Challenger that I have seen and probably the only one to have a bike rack off the back of it.

thus far no major issues, other than the power steering hose seepage that supposedly was a recall item; the dealership knows jack about the recall....funny I saw it on my local news and have yet to get an official letter regarding it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have 300 miles on mine. Still fresh. However is it normal that when I turn the key once, not completely. There is a sound like a noise such as a spinning disc or so that seems to he coming from the back but can very well be from the front. Haven't fully inspected it. Is it normal. Can it be from the cold?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have 300 miles on mine. Still fresh. However is it normal that when I turn the key once, not completely. There is a sound like a noise such as a spinning disc or so that seems to he coming from the back but can very well be from the front. Haven't fully inspected it. Is it normal. Can it be from the cold?
i think its the fuel pump..mine does it too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts