Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392 MT
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my 5th attempt at having dodge fix an issue with my 2016 Challenger Srt 392 15,000 miles. Parts replaced but found out was not the issue (rocker arm, lifter, gaskets, water pump pulley) This is starting to get old, looking to speak to someone further up the food chain. How do you guys think I should handle this?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,429 Posts
This will be my 5th attempt at having dodge fix an issue with my 2016 Challenger Srt 392 15,000 miles. Parts replaced but found out was not the issue (rocker arm, lifter, gaskets, water pump pulley) This is starting to get old, looking to speak to someone further up the food chain. How do you guys think I should handle this?
The general "rule" as a customer of a dealer service department and especially one that sells/services the brand of car you own is you are owed a reasonable degree of skill, experience, and care when having your car in for service. That a problem has required 5 attempts to get it fixed yet it is not fixed, this strongly suggests you are not getting at least 2 out of the 3 things above and thus are a victim of consumer fraud. You were misled regarding what level of service you could expect when you were buying the car.

Speak to your local (county probably) consumer fraud agency. Chances are you will be told to return to the dealer to get to this (finally) resolved to your satisfaction.

When you return to the dealer you mention you have had the car in 5 times for this issue and it is not yet fixed. Because of this you have lost all enjoyment from driving the car. You are at the dealer to give it one more chance to fix the car to your satisfaction as you were instructed to do after talking this over with the consumer fraud agency. Without getting all I'll sue you and the horse you rode in on you mention if the car is delivered back to you with this problem not resolved to your satisfaction you will get back in touch with the consumer fraud agency to learn what your next steps will be.

When you come back to pick up the car you must be prepared to road test the car in a way you know in the past manifested the symptoms/behavior which prompted you to bring the car in 5 previous times.

If the car is still manifesting signs of a problem you must not take the car back, but instead leave it and let the service manager/sales/general manager know why you are leaving the car. and that you are going to be in contact with the consumer fraud agency.

Stay calm. Do not offer any threats of legal action. Let this be left unsaid but implied.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually had the Service Manager involved in the last few service request. I even reached out to the GM and he forwarded me back to the Service Manager. Contacted the FCA this morning after dropping it off again. Not to mention I was promised a loaner vehicle and was told it was giving away for an emergency this morning so they had to find a vehicle me to temporarily use. I've been very patient and professional with these guys, starting to get a little old.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loud ticking/fluttering upon acceleration through every gear to keep it simple. I've taking a spin in a few SRT's just to verify that it wasn't a normal SRT challenger issue. But this is an issue with mine at the moment. Service Team knows there is an issue, they just apparently can't pin what it is exactly apparently.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have had this some type of problem with a Ram in the past. Not the actual problem, getting the issue fixed and multiple trips back. Even admitting they know the issue. FCA customer care wasn't overly helpful either. I ended up finding the email to the CEO and writing to him about it. Now this didn't go to him but it certainly got the wheels moving. Was responded back by a person in executive customer relations and they contacted the dealership and made sure the issue was resolved. It got fixed and didn't have any problem after that.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,025 Posts
I have had this some type of problem with a Ram in the past. Not the actual problem, getting the issue fixed and multiple trips back. Even admitting they know the issue. FCA customer care wasn't overly helpful either. I ended up finding the email to the CEO and writing to him about it. Now this didn't go to him but it certainly got the wheels moving. Was responded back by a person in executive customer relations and they contacted the dealership and made sure the issue was resolved. It got fixed and didn't have any problem after that.
If “it” got fixed, then surely “it” was listed on the repair receipt. So what was it?

·
Registered
116 Posts
If “it” got fixed, then surely “it” was listed on the repair receipt. So what was it?
Oil leak between the 6 and 8 cylinders rear and front spark plug holes on the drivers of the 5.7 at the rear of the engine. Oil kept seeping into the spark plug area on both cylinders and not the other ones in each cylinder. They replaced the head gaskets 4 times until I contacted corporate because both the dealer and the area rep insisted it was the issue. I fought hard that there was more going on. Ended up I was right. slightly warped head and a manufacturing defect on the bottom side of the head at that point.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,429 Posts
Oil leak between the 6 and 8 cylinders rear and front spark plug holes on the drivers of the 5.7 at the rear of the engine. Oil kept seeping into the spark plug area on both cylinders and not the other ones in each cylinder. They replaced the head gaskets 4 times until I contacted corporate because both the dealer and the area rep insisted it was the issue. I fought hard that there was more going on. Ended up I was right. slightly warped head and a manufacturing defect on the bottom side of the head at that point.
I'm a bit confused. Is the oil seeping gone?

Is the problem now the noise?

If the problem is now the noise based on the description -- and I'm not suggesting you provide an audio clip of the noise -- but the description suggests to me an exhaust leak. Given the dealer 4 times went with a head gasket to try to fix what proved to be a defective head that if the engine came away from all that work with an exhaust leak this would not surprise me in the least.

You can try FCA customer service. From reading other posts if you can reach out to the head of Dodge or even FCA try it. You want the car fixed and if it takes letter/email phone call that's what it takes. But keep that consumer fraud advice in the back of your mind. Yeah, you might call and find out the head of the agency's brother in law is the GM of the dealership but you want the car fixed. As a last resort it may be the one that helps you successfully resolve this issue.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,024 Posts
I'm a bit confused. Is the oil seeping gone?

Is the problem now the noise?

If the problem is now the noise based on the description -- and I'm not suggesting you provide an audio clip of the noise -- but the description suggests to me an exhaust leak. Given the dealer 4 times went with a head gasket to try to fix what proved to be a defective head that if the engine came away from all that work with an exhaust leak this would not surprise me in the least.

You can try FCA customer service. From reading other posts if you can reach out to the head of Dodge or even FCA try it. You want the car fixed and if it takes letter/email phone call that's what it takes. But keep that consumer fraud advice in the back of your mind. Yeah, you might call and find out the head of the agency's brother in law is the GM of the dealership but you want the car fixed. As a last resort it may be the one that helps you successfully resolve this issue.
You got sidetracked by a different person then the original poster

Reactions: gvwalkerjr

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,422 Posts
Op...
you have multiple resources / avenues available, up to and including your states Lemon Law, which many also cover if a car has been into dealer service for the same issue over a certain number of times without positive result, but these laws vary greatly by state, so you'll need to really check.
You could also seek the advice of an attorney, but I'd only do so after exhausting every possible approach with the dealership, then perhaps with another dealership ( since they are not all the same) and with dodge/FCA directly.

Reactions: gvwalkerjr

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I reached out to FCA and filed a case. I was notified yesterday that a STAR case is now in process by the Service Manager. Service Manager even mentioned I could need a whole new engine. Smh smh I literally just purchased this SRT 13,000 miles after selling my SRT8 3 months ago from Carvana. Was told it was perfect from even their SilverRock partnered shop I took it to 1st to question the mechanical issue. I should be pissed at Carvana.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts